• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building a Ryzen 7 pc for fluid 4k editing in Premiere - any hints?

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a loot at this setup. I'm editing lots of 4k footage from a Phantom 4 pro and soon a Panasonic GH5. Most importantly i'd like a fluid 4k playback in the timeline with the full quality setting within Premiere - although I could also live with fluid playback at 1/2 quality. Will be converting lots of H.264 to Prores, so this should run quickly as well.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor​ for $309.99

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ​for ​$89.99

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 Memory for $280.99

Storage OS: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive for $89.99

Storage Project files: Samsung - 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive for $169.00

GPU: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card for $486.98

Any hints where I could potentially save cash / which components potentially are overkill?

Also do you see any bottlenecks?

Many, many thanks for any comments, it's much appreciated!

Cheers,

Marcial

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't forget the cpu cooler

everything else looks nice. good you got 2666 ram. good thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I didn't list this, but I picked the Corsair - H110i 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler - should do the trick.

Thanks for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Liquid cooling?

Motherboard with B350 chipset only has one x16 PCIe slot which might limit future expansion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bill+Gehrke  wrote

Why Liquid cooling?

Getting rid of the heat of the 95W Ryzen 7, so the case will stay cooler (lower noise level, keep other components cooler). And maybe some day he'll use the cooler for CPU overclocking.

Do you think it's wasted money? A good Noctua is already $80 or more.

I'm using its smaller brother Corsair H80i ($15 cheaper, limited Ryzen compatibility) for the i5-6600K (91W) and I'm very happy with it.

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bill+Gehrke  wrote

Motherboard with B350 chipset only has one x16 PCIe slot which might limit future expansion.

I've just checked the official B350-PLUS product page for the PCIe slots and there are two PCIe x16 slots. But one has shared bandwith:

1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x8 mode) *1

1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode)

2 x PCIe 2.0 x1

2 x PCI

1*PCIeX16_2 slot shares bandwidth with PCIeX1_1 and PCIeX1_2.

Do you think this might be a problem one day? Multi-GPU doesn't seem to be so useful yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Generally their is no noise reduction liquid over just air.  I use a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO with a second fan.

I have two GTX 1060 6GB SC that are faster than one GTX 1080 SC.  That probably is insignificant as you stated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines