• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 2015.12 crashes when importing files form network share

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update to version 2015.12 LR crashes when importing pictures from any network share. The same pictures on a local drive works perfect.

If I watched the task manager I can see LR is allocation memory until no more memory is available - then it will crash. This process needs hours. I tried to import 300 jpeg/raw (10GB) and it needed about 12 hours until it crashed. My computer is quite fast (i7 8CPU @3.2G). The CPU load is approximately 12% ... very interesting. I don't know what LR it is exactly doing. It does almost nothing on the disc and the GPU and Network load is also very low. 

I tried this on a different computer with a completly different Hardare, especially another graphic card (not ATI) -> same result. I also tried differnet grafic cards (Intel HD, ATI Radeion, Gibabyte NVidia) ... in the past I had some issues with ATI

Network Share: mapped drive from Windows Server 2016

Client OS: Windows 10 Build 1703 64 bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this sure sounds like a network problem to me. There's no reason for Lightroom to take hours unless the network isn't working as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked without any problem before the update to the new LR version. A network problem is not possible. I tried it at home an in the office. Same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I have the same problem but not in a network. Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines