Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved jpeg is brighter then what is displayed in Photoshop Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a problem with my saved jpeg images being brighter then what I see in photoshop.

Color profile used is sRGB IEC61966-2.1

I exported it as a jpeg using the same color profile as I stated above.

I have also tried following these instructions and still my saved jpeg is brighter then what is displayed in Creative Cloud Photoshop.

Photoshop CS6 shows images brighter than my browser

Any help is appreciated.

Message was edited by: Erik Kaiser

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few questions.

1. Did you convert to sRGB and Embed the colour profile?

2.How are you viewing your saved jpeg file where you say it looks brighter ? Are you using a colour managed application?

The latter is especially important if you are using a wide gamut monitor. If the viewing application is not colour managed the sRGB image will display as over saturated.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answers to your questions:

1.Did you convert to sRGB and Embed the color profile?

Answer: Yes

2. How are you viewing your saved jpeg file where you say it looks brighter ? Are you using a color managed application?

I am not the one viewing it I did not make that part of my problem clear. I email the jpg to a colleague who has Creative Cloud Photoshop on a Mac. His LCD is also color calibrated using color monki.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is he viewing the same image in his version of Photoshop but it looks different to yours?

Are both monitors profiled?

If so have you tried a downloaded test image on both systems for comparison. There are some here:

Welcome to Bruce Lindbloom's Web Site

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but calibrated to what?

You need to set a white point brightness according to your work environment, so that monitor white is a close visual match to paper white. Your colleague needs to do the same. This is standard operating procedure for critical work.

Your perception is heavily influenced by the ambient conditions, right down to application interface, which is why it's impossible to give a fixed number. The general recommendation is often 120 cd/m², but that assumes "average" conditions, whatever that is.

Just get that visual match. You need to "see" paper white on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines