Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Doesn't synchronize

Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my computer everything looks fine.

But when I upload the files, it takes time to update the files sometime.

I thought the server was slow but now I see it doesn't update when I login to remote  server.

When I upload the files I use  , Arrow for put file to remote server also tried the , circle arrow for synchronize with remote server...

I remember on blackboard,  no stupid question,

Thanks for reading

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

You would not be able to upload some - but not all - of your files to the root directory of your server if the site definition was not defined properly so just go ahead and forget that wild goose chase right now.

Typically a folder (especially if there's a subdirectory where the updated content is being uploaded) will not update with current timestamp if only some of the content of the folder has been updated (again, content within a subdirectory of the folder).  For example: the wp-content/uploa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your FTP Log say when you try to upload?

Open it under Window > Results > FTP Log and try to upload again. Any errors should show there and give a clue as to what's going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you expand your files panel to show remote and local files?  Click the connect icon (see screenshot).

Check the modified date & timestamp to ensure the latest files are indeed on your server.  If not, click & drag file from Local Files to Remote Server.   If everything looks good on this side, you might need to clear your browser's cache memory.

CC-FilesPanel-expanded.jpg

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better show you the screenshots , second screenshot doesn't show modified time...thank you

adobe-01.jpgadobe-02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the bar to the right of "Local Files" to turn on the "Modified" column...

modification.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it does update the pictures but not the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank youadobe-03.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this screenshot is better and I see some file is not update.

why?????

Can you find my mistake ????

thank you

adob-01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On this screenshot on Image Folder did not show today's date....mistake here??

I do add some images from Photoshop to that Folder.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you define your site properly? 

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would not be able to upload some - but not all - of your files to the root directory of your server if the site definition was not defined properly so just go ahead and forget that wild goose chase right now.

Typically a folder (especially if there's a subdirectory where the updated content is being uploaded) will not update with current timestamp if only some of the content of the folder has been updated (again, content within a subdirectory of the folder).  For example: the wp-content/uploads folder's modified date is not the same timestamp as the most recent upload you made in wordpress because uploads are sent to wp-content/uploads/yyy/mmm/file. So in this example only the mmm folder name would mirror the most recent upload's timestamp that occurred within that respective folder.

Check inside the folder and ensure the newly-uploaded files are there... and they are! This is a non-issue false alarm. Just because the timestamp for the modified date of the folder is not recent does not necessarily mean the sky is falling and that the contents of the folder are not being uploaded. Open the folder and you'll see recent uploads with modified timestamp more recent than the parent folder's modified timestamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much,

I will see tomorrow at work .......

Good night

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check inside the folder and ensure the newly-uploaded files are there... and they are!

Yes there are and I wonder if I could delete all the folders in Remote Server and upload Entire Site??

Waiting for your advice,

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wefollow  wrote

I wonder if I could delete all the folders in Remote Server and upload Entire Site?

Yes.

I consider this discussion solved now. Please appropriately mark the question as answered so no one else is tempted to come along and provide other wild goose chase advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from a recent post that the OP is still having trouble replacing old server files with newly modified ones.  So it seems there's a permissions problem at the server level.

the site definition was not defined properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

I see from a recent post that the OP is still having trouble replacing old server files with newly modified ones.  So it seems there's a permissions problem at the server level.

the site definition was not defined properly 

Nah. In that post they're trying to upload unchanged files on the server, hence the same - not transferred message.

FWIW: same - not transferred != replacing old server files with newly modified ones

I presume that they tried to download the site from the server, including the stats folder that is godaddy hosted and owned/locked by the server. Then, for whatever reason, they tried to upload the site they just downloaded back onto the server. The re-upload attempt ignored files that were otherwise unmodified from what already exists on the server. When they did this they were trying to upload the read only stats folder back to the server though. As you may know, the godaddy hosting /stats folder is server level locked. More info here and many other places found by searching google: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/i-found-a-folder-i-never-noticed-before-on-my-godaddy-server...

If you look at the error messages that were posted in the other thread you linked to then it's clear what the issue is since it's spelled out in plain english.

Again, this is a non-issue wild goose chase false alarm. The error message that mentions 1 file (or in this case /stats folder) was not uploaded because it's the stats folder owned by the server, not the user, and is read only for the user.

Another FWIW: inability to overwrite content on GoDaddy's dedicated stats folder != a permissions problem at the server level. This is intended functionality of GoDaddy hosting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES , I was little confused with file because I did change and change it by itself.

After I read this,  Remote Server download some file to my computer.....I think

Ipage.com second person couldn't help me so they created ticket for me

I hope will get some good news...let you know soon

again thank you very much,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wefollow  wrote

YES , I was little confused with file because I did change and change it by itself.

After I read this,  Remote Server download some file to my computer.....I think

Ipage.com second person couldn't help me so they created ticket for me

I hope will get some good news...let you know soon

again thank you very much,

James

Right. 2 files from the error message on your other thread were successfully uploaded. The 62 unchanged files were not uploaded since they already existed on the server. Read the error message. It's very clear what the "problem" is (it's not a problem, it's intended functionality of the host).

I mentioned GoDaddy earlier and notice you mention ipage. They both behave similarly in regard to the stats folder in this case so you can interchange the mention of GoDaddy with ipage in my replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It took few days to fix the permission  from  ipage.com.

But having problem with Cache Refresh,  need to Refresh(Ctrl+ F5) computer to see the new file.

Need a advice  Please

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and getting error message so I clear that section ( public_html/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: Jon answered this better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines