• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify Brush Size Too Small

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a canvas that is 540 x 1080 and using the Warp brush in Liquify Tool for an effect, but for some reason, the brush remains rather small despite pushing the size to 600px.

Here's my settings:

And here's how the brush size looks.

I've been watching other AE tutorials using this effect, and whenever they scale the brush up to 600 it takes up the size of nearly the entire work area. No matter how many times I apply this effect, it never gets larger than what you see above.

I'm still new to AE, so if there's a really obvious thing I'm missing please let me know. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

It looks like your layer is scaled way down and the 600px is related to your layer size.

So that is why you see it small. But it is 600px in size.

You should resize your layer to see it bigger or precompose the content you need to apply the liquify.

Does that make sense?

Cheers

Henrique

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this should work. show a full screenshot of your whole Ae interface. highlight the layer in the timeline and press UU so we can see all the modified properties. if you can record the screen as you try to use this tool, show it also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a pen or a mouse??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your layer is scaled way down and the 600px is related to your layer size.

So that is why you see it small. But it is 600px in size.

You should resize your layer to see it bigger or precompose the content you need to apply the liquify.

Does that make sense?

Cheers

Henrique

Henrique \\ TMMW
Clips Exporter | Thumbs Up | Selector for Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this was it. Even though I was rescaling my composition size, I wasn't modifying the layer size, and that's why I was seeing no change. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines