• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the Creative Cloud Photography plan, but Lightroom is telling me that my trial has expired. I tried uninstalling the app, signing out and back in, and even tried the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, but nothing has worked. I tried to cancel my account and Adobe offered 60 days of free service, so I kept my subscription, but it still says my trial has expired. When I signed in via the Lightroom app, it told me I had licensed my software, but my account status does not reflect that.

Also, when I try to open Lightroom, it starts opening more Lightroom windows, one after another, until I have to shut down my computer just to get them to stop opening.

Any help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Got this in another thread. Might help:

Validating Software License Loop

Please perform following steps depending on your Operating system to fix this issue.

Activation issue Mac

1) Close all adobe related processes in activity monitor (Creative cloud, Core sync, CC library, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders. To navigate click go from menu bar at then c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried logging in with the Creative Cloud desktop application? Here's a link to the download page. Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Also make sure that you are logging in with same same user name and password you used when you purchased the plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've logged in with the desktop application and have been using the same user name and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on your profile pic in the upper right of the CC application and then click on Manage Account. This will take you to your account online and provide information about your plan. Does it say that you have an active paid plan when you go there?

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 8.36.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it says my plan is active and I verified that all my billing information is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly does it tell you that your trial has expired? Your original comment mentions signing in via the Lightroom app, but you answered my first comment by saying you are using the CC app to login. So can you confirm that the CC application shows you are logged in? What happens when you open Lr after making sure you are logged in via the CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've tried logging in both ways to see if one would properly activate my account. It's telling me that my trial has ended in the CC app. When I try to open Lr after logging in via the CC app, multiple Lr windows open, almost like there's a bug with the program, and it tells me that my develop module is disabled.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 6.58.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it say when you click on your profile pic? Does it say you are signed in, like mine does? What happens when you click on Buy Now?

I'm not sure what the multiple windows opening is all about. I know the develop module won't work until you get logged into your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it says I'm signed in when I click on my profile pic. When I click on Buy Now, it takes me to the Adobe checkout where I see the following image.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 4.55.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I am really at a loss for ideas now. If it was me I'd try to wipe everything clean and start over. I know you used the Cleaner Tool to reinstall Lightroom. I'd use it to clean everything Adobe from your computer. Then I would start over by installing the Creative Cloud application first and logging in there. Then download and instal Lr from the CC application. I hope this works. I don't know what else to suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this in another thread. Might help:

Validating Software License Loop

Please perform following steps depending on your Operating system to fix this issue.

Activation issue Mac

1) Close all adobe related processes in activity monitor (Creative cloud, Core sync, CC library, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders. To navigate click go from menu bar at then click goto.. type /Library/application support/   and click go.

3) To assign the permission right click on adobe folder and click Get info.. A property window will open. Then click on lock symbol to enable editing. Then click + sign to add your username. Then change read only to read and write. Then click gear symbol at the bottom and click apply to enclosed items and click ok.. Proceed to next step then.

3) Navigate to following location /Library/application support/adobe and Delete Slstore and slcache .

4) Navigate to ~/Library/application support /adobe/oobe and delete opm.db

5)Navigate to /etc and open hosts file. Check if it has adobe entries . If no its fine, if yes replace the hosts file with a new hosts file with no adobe entries

6) Launch cc app and it should work fine

Activation issue windows

1) Close all adobe related processes in task manager (Core sync, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders.  (Right click on adobe folder select properties then click security tab , click edit and select current user you are signed in with , select full control , click apply and then ok)

C://program data (enable view hidden files to see this folder)

C://program files 86x/common files

C://program files 86x/

C://program files/common files

C: //program files/

3) rename SLstore to Slstore.old at following location c://program data/Adobe/

4) Rename SLcache to Slcache.old at following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

4) Navigate to c://users/username/appdata/local/adobe/oobe  and rename Opm.db to opm.old

5) Navigate to c://windows/system32/drivers/etc/   and open hosts file using notepad. IF you see any Adobe entry there please replace that hosts file with a new hosts file which does not have any adobe entry. If there is no Adobe entry leave the hosts file as it is.

6) Launch cc app and sign in .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omfg i love you you just saved my life i've already wasted too many hours. if you're looking for a fix, this is it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent more than 2 hours screen sharing with technical support while he was doing these steps and he still couldn't fix the issue. I followed your steps and it worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix the host file by using below tool

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe

Delete slstore, slcache, oobe, adobe application manager, aamupdater from below locations.

~/library/application support/adobe

/library/application support/adobe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
C:\ProgramData

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows machine

Step 1) Check your creative cloud if you are signed in with correct e mail or not.
Step 2) Run below limited access repair tool to fix host file.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/limited_access_repair_tool.html

Step 3) Restart system and delete below folders.
AAmupdaterinventory, SLCache, oobe, Adobe application manager form below location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

aamupdateer, oobe, slstore folders from below location

C:\Programdata\Adobe

Step 4) Rename adobe folder to adobe.old from below location.

C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Adobe

Step 5) Install creative cloud from below link.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

For Mac

Step 1) Close all Adobe software and restart your mac.
Step 2) Run below tool to fix host file.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
Step 3) Click on go then select utilities after that delete "Adobe application manager" and "Adobe creative cloud" folders from there. If your creative cloud ask you to repair, please ignore it.
Step 4) click on "go" then "go to folder" then write "~/library/application support/Adobe" then press enter/return
Step 5) Delete below folders from there
AAMUpdater
AAMUpdaterInventory
SLcache
SLstore
SLstore_v1
OOBE

Step 6) click on "go" then "go to folder" then write "/library/application support/Adobe" then press enter/return

 Step 7) Delete below folders from there
AAMUpdater
OOBE

Step 8) Restart mac and clean trash after that install creative cloud from below link
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You

This fixed it, I have been suffering for so long trying to solve this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this link from Adobe support and yes it resolved also my issue with license and trial.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just recently bought a used Mac and tried to install a trial of photoshop and light room but they both show trial has expired without me using it. I’ve also just signed up to a new account. Please help, would love to try them out before committing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this fixed the issue.  It needs mentioning that, when I contacted support chat because I had not found this post (was given to me by Adobe tech support), my options were to allow a complete stranger from another country have access via RDP into my home/Office network, or have enough understanding to carefully follow these instructions and fix it myself.

I don't see how Adobe, which is currently worth $113B US, KNOWING this has been an issue, has not IMMEDIATELY issued an update that fixes the problem.

There is no reason why my Photoshop should work through the CC Desktop ap, and Acrobat doesn't due to a permissions issue.

Come on, man. For $700 a year, you folks should do better.  You should BE better, and shouldn't make users be editing individual access permissions, revealing hidden folders (there is a REASON Microsoft hides them) or remoting in from India into PC's where the user has no idea how to follow those instructions. Why don't you ask them where the sheet of paper is that has all their online passwords on it while you are at it.

This should be fixed from the top down, not on a user by user basis.  I also think Adobe's support team has better things to do than fix an issue, one by one, through remote editing of core Adobe & Windows files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Who in hell is going to do all this?  A busy photographer doesn't have time for this b.s. Adobe should fix this issue immediately.  This has been going on for years.  You don't seem to have any problem w/drawing my subscription fee each month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines