• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with filters

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today for the first time i have a big problem with my PS CS6. Photoshop doesn't apply any changes to image, after using liquefy. Anyone have the same problem? Could you help me? This is really annoying, especially when you need this tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a Selection active?

Could you please post step-by-step screenshots to illustrate the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After making changes to the picture by clicking ok,

nothing happens, the program does not save changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again:

Is a Selection active?

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this also happen when you work on a non-background-Layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the same result or lack of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kamiw93172618  wrote

Yes, the same result or lack of

I don't know that this will make any difference, but try making a copy of the layer, and using Liquify on that.

We can see that your background layer has the default lock icon, but that should make any difference.  You should be able to use Liquify on a background layer.  If it were not for us seeing your screen shot (thank you for which as they are really helpful) I'd have been wondering if you were working on a layer hidden by a similar layer further up the stack.  As things stand, its a bit of a mystery.

So that being the case, Open Preferences > Performance and uncheck Use Graphics Processor

If that does not help, reset Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is strange, because if I apply settings use graphics processor - filter doesn't work. If I switch off this settings ps remember only one change using filter. If I for example make few changes liquify and click ok there is no changes on image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something else, when I make some changes, click OK, nothing happend, and also there is no changes in history window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting (see Link above)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kamiw93172618  wrote

This is strange, because if I apply settings use graphics processor - filter doesn't work. If I switch off this settings ps remember only one change using filter. If I for example make few changes liquify and click ok there is no changes on image.

This is a clue as to what might be the problem. The filter doesn't work at all with the graphics processor, and only partially works when it is off. My guess is that your computer doesn't have the processing power for liquefy filter on this particular image because of image size. Try scaling down the image by at least 50%. Then try the filter again with the graphics processor off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this program for four years. Everything worked fine because I use it all the time. Suddenly problems started. Earlier I had no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Earlier I had no problems.

Now you apparently have, so you may want to go through all the trouble-shooting routines.

If none help you could try uninstalling, running the cleaner tool and reinstalling Photoshop.

Does the problem affect all images, even ones created anew from scratch?

What happens if you apply Liquify as a Smart Filter? When you reedit the Filter are the old settings maintained?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eh....i dont know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you restored the prefs yet?

Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I restored preferences. Unfortunately this doesn't work as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines