• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File size when splitting multi pdf's

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro and am trying to split a 30 page multi pdf into single pages.  I've no problem doing that part though the file sizes don't reduce.  My first page is 1MB, 2nd 2MB and so on so that page 30 is 30MB.  Is there something in my settings that I need to correct?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to acrobat forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes this happens because the stuff in the file is shared between pages but how EXACTLY do you split? For example if you do Copy file - open - delete pages - save, the file will always be bigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying maybe some of the pages are overlapping when I scan them?  Sorry I didn't mention that I'm trying to divide a scanned pdf....do you know of any issues with regard to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us exactly how you split.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go - Organise Pages/Extract/Extract as Separate Page Files then hit Extract and I'm getting what I describedd.  Page 1 1MB, down to page 30 which is 30MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're doing is right and the results are very unusual. Do you scan with Acrobat, with the scanner software, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I scan from my Brother MFC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines