• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Real-time Preview Stops Working

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Real-time browser preview in DW 2017 is great, but each time I take a work break, I get the following message after waking up my iMac:

"You tried to access an external HTML page, which can not be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview the page on the device."

The only fix is to restart DW,  I use Chrome as my preview browser, but the issue exits regardless of browser choice.

"Live" preview in DW is simply to slow and buggy, so I don't care for it.  Additionally, the spit screen (live/code) is too small to really see, so I like the full screen browser preview.

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Hi,

We have addressed this issue in our latest Prerelease build. The fix is available to try out in prerelease build.

Please go to the link Adobe Prerelease and install the latest build 11167.

https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/367/dw-latest-build-11167-is-availab le

Thanks

Kratika

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please have a look at this discussion Real Time Preview suddenly stopped working.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, previewing the old way by right clicking the file name in the Files window works - thanks.

My new question is why are my local files, unbeknownst to me until now,  running through Adobe's server for Live preview?  Kind of invasive, yes?  What's the purpose of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are struggling to reproduce this issue at our end so that we can fix it. Can you please help us with reproducible steps or a video clip?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleary what's happening is when the computer goes to sleep, it looses its connection with the Adobe server.  When the computer awakes upon mouse movement, a new connection to the server is needed.  The only workaround is to restart DW since it's looking for a specific address that has been cancelled upon sleep.

Another issue with Live browser preview, is when images are updated on a web file.  Since browsers cache images for future quick load, you need to clear the browser's cache to see the image update.  Once again, when you clear the cache, you loose your connection to Adobe's server because it dumps the temporary address.

Regardless, I'm reverting back to the old way of previewing my work-in-progress.  I find it troubling that Adobe routes my files to their server first, so I can see them locally on my browser - very odd.

You wrote "struggling to reproduce" yet there are hundreds of posts online that are having the same issue.

I understand Adobe wants to promote using the split screen option of Live/Code, but unless you're working on a 60 inch monitor, it's just too confining for most of us ...you really need to see how the design works in a browser at full screen.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's server is required to support the device preview features.   If you have your own testing server, you probably won't ever need Real-Time/Device Preview.  Like you, I prefer right-click,  PIB.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The scenario that you suggested after sleep, is it reproducible every-time? in my case it isn't.

Can you please share the site setup details that you are using to test your site? Testing Server details?

Also, are you using any devices to preview like ipad or iphone? If not then we don't host it anywhere on the local Dw server to show the preview. We do know that there are lots of posts regarding this issue and we have also seen it sometimes internally, we are set to fix it but the problem we are facing is the reproducibility. Hope you could help with that.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have addressed this issue in our latest Prerelease build. The fix is available to try out in prerelease build.

Please go to the link Adobe Prerelease and install the latest build 11167.

https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/367/dw-latest-build-11167-is-availab le

Thanks

Kratika

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Dreamweaver 19.0 is live. It can be downloaded from creative cloud Desktop application.

Please refer to release notes:

Release notes for the 2019 of Dreamweaver CC

Thanks

Kratika Agarwal

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines