Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Browser trait

Level 1

Hello!

Is there a signal to identify the browser from the user agent?

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Varun

Yes, it's a rule based trait and data source is a reporting suite which was created in AA.

It seems the data from AA reporting suite isn't flowing into AAM. I need to implement the SSF correctly for it to happen, its WIP.

Will keep you updated

Thanks

Jignesh

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 9

Hi there,

You can use platform level device keys for Device type and OS, here is the doc : Device Targeting With Platform-level Keys

I cannot see any specific key for browser here. So you can use JS on a page to fetch the browser name and version and pass that in a signal (Key=Value pair) using pixel on that page.

Thanks,

Varun

Level 9

If you want to create different traits based upon browser type (desktop/laptop browsers) then you can use following rules while creating rule based traits :

Trait Name : Browser Chrome

Rule: "h_User-Agent" contains "chrome/"

Trait Name : Browser Mozila Firefox

Rule: "h_User-Agent" contains "firefox/"

Trait Name : Browser IE

Rule: "h_User-Agent" contains ".net/"

Trait Name : Browser Safari

Rule: "h_User-Agent" contains "safari/" AND NOT "chrome/"

Similarly you will have to check User-Agent in demdex event calls and create traits for other browsers.

Level 3

I tried defining a browser trait with data source as the reporting suites in AA, which captures the data properly. However in AAM, I don't see any population & realization #s for this rule based trait. Can you let me know what I am missing?

Level 9

Hi Jignesh,

Could you tell me if you created the rule based trait ? Is there any test URL that you could share so I can check the calls being made in browser ?

Also, when you qualify for a rule based trait, it takes two days to show the reporting in trait graph in AAM UI. But the trait and segment qualification happens real time.

Thanks,

Varun

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Varun

Yes, it's a rule based trait and data source is a reporting suite which was created in AA.

It seems the data from AA reporting suite isn't flowing into AAM. I need to implement the SSF correctly for it to happen, its WIP.

Will keep you updated

Thanks

Jignesh

Level 10

Hi Jignesh,

Is this query resolved?

Thanks,

Gaurang

Level 1

Hi there,

This solution seems that worked for me. I just make a little adjustment, i've created the following rule:

- h_User-Agent contains "chrome/"

I would like to ask how can I create rules based on the following browsers:

-opera

- internet explorer

Could some one help me in creating the rules or how to debbug in order to create rules for the browsers from above?

Thank you very much!

Manuel