Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash in Safari crashes on repeated file download

Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have encountered a problematic bug with Safari on Mac for Flash that manifests 100% of the time in response to file downloads;

In response to repeated attempts to download a PDF or other file, the browser window will lock-up and become unresponsive.

It seems to be operating system specific - we have ONLY observed it with Mac OS in Safari browser.

It doesn't seem to manifest in Windows at all, and we have not observed it in other browsers on Mac either.

Has anybody else encountered this?

If so, please can you comment on and vote for the ticket I have raised here: Tracker

Thanks,

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the link isn't displaying the bug title which is "Repeated download of file in Safari causes unrecoverable browser crash".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the ticket with a list of OS / plugin / Safari combinations where the bug is encountered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this as a big issue for my customer.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Following up on this as customer is having a lot of issues with a population of Safari using customers!

I supplied the additional content as requested for Tracker  but have not seen any further action.

Can you confirm whether you have replicated the bug yet? (We can reliably on quite a number of machines.)

Thanks,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the history, it looks like a developer attempted to triage it, but wasn't able to get the .fxp project to run out of the box, so it was forwarded on to QA to deal with.  It's now sitting in a queue waiting for someone to make time to get it running and hosted on a server, so that it can be sent back for further evaluation.  I do not have an ETA.

A working, publicly-accessible URL would allow me to route that bug back to a developer immediately, but it's too late for anything to make the October release at this point, and the window for November closes pretty quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have hosted the project here; http://www.gdcsoft.com/MinimalDownloadBug/MinimalDownloadBug.html and have verified that the bug still occurs from there.

For the avoidance of doubt, all I am doing is a straightforward file download each time;

fileRef = new FileReference();

fileRef.addEventListener(Event.SELECT,onDownloadFileSelected);

fileRef.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onDownloadComplete);

fileRef.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, onIOError);

fileRef.addEventListener(SecurityErrorEvent.SECURITY_ERROR,onSecurityError);

fileRef.addEventListener(Event.CANCEL, onDownloadCancel);

fileRef.addEventListener(ProgressEvent.PROGRESS,onProgress);

try {

fileRef.download(request,filename);

} catch(e:Error) {

log("Problem saving PDF",e.message,e.toString());

Alert.show("Couldn't save this time.");

}

As an aside; any idea what problem they had with the .fxp? It was a straight-forward "File - Export Project" from Flash Builder so it should be trouble free!

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't ask.  When you're talking about routing bugs to the expert on low-level Mac platform issues, it's going to a C++ developer that spends the majority of their time in XCode.

Our QA folks spend the majority of their time working with ActionScript, so they're much better versed in the fiddly aspects of our toolchains.  I'm sure it would've gotten sorted out once the right person ended up in front of it, but that eats time.

I've sent this back to the engineer for investigation.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines