• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for feedback on a first cartoon

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the animation was done in Character Animator and After Effects. I'd love to have some meaningful feedback and discuss techniques a bit with those who are interested. If there's a better place in the forums to show things off and get feedback, let me know (if there isn't, I think there should be).

Marshmallow Stew on Vimeo

Thanks,

Chet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great stuff! As I said in an email (but posting here in case it helps others too), the main piece of feedback I would give is just pacing. Often in professional animation characters do their motions faster, in what's referred to as "pose to pose" - stick one pose, quick transition to the next, stick that pose, and so on. I think incorporating that speedier / pose-based movement would help a ton. When things are too slow or floaty it can tend to feel drawn out, but more movement / action can make things more visually interesting.

Overall a great piece!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines