• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to embed an Indesign document into my Wordpress site using online publishing in Indesign?

Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only in website made by Adobe applications that you can embed Indesign dokuments?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Try searching for something like "wordpress editor changes html code". There are plugins out there that deal with the Visual editor problem.

Preserved HTML Editor Markup Plus — WordPress Plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have be more detailed. You cannot embed an InDesign document but you can add a PDF or even an iframe version of Publish Online document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a link on your website to a Publish Online document, which would be hosted on Adobe Servers. You can include a facility in your Publish Online document that allows users to download a PDF version. Obviously if you have things like animations in your Publish Online document they won't be included in the PDF version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open your InDesign layout in InDesign
  2. Click the Publish Online button upper right in the menu bar. This requires InDesign CC 2015 or later, by the way.
  3. Follow the prompts and click View Online so Publish Online does its thing and you're viewing your file in a browser window. Be sure to leave the option to Hide the Embed icon unchecked.
  4. In the browser window, at the bottom of that window, click the embed icon, which looks like this: </>  It may be in a dropdown menu lower right, under an ellipse - "more" - button (...).
  5. A pop-up window appears where you can select embed options (size and so on). When you're done choosing options, click in the Embed Code section at the bottom and copy the code there. It starts with "<iframe style="
  6. Paste that code into your website, wherever you edit the pages ... where the other markup appears. For a Wordpress site you'd paste it into the Text view (not Layout view) of an Edit Post or Edit Page screen.

Hope that helps!

-AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fantastic 🙂

But,

now I have added the iFrame code and a title, but when you enter the site, only the code is showing up. Is it not possible that the post itself can be displayed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skjermbilde 2017-09-12 08.56.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are adding HTML code to the page, so in the WordPress backend post page make sure you are pasting the iframe code in the text tab and not the visual tab.

Can you post the URL link to your Publish Online document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wouldn't work because I'm in Visual mode:

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 2.17.55 PM.png

But this does:

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 2.18.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added the link in the text mode.

But what i see now is tha the link do not start with <iframe....

shouldent it do that?

Mine looks like this

https://indd.adobe.com/view/5c04ba52-9f0e-4619-b72b-5ed9aca549c9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- even I added this :<iframe style="border: 1px solid #777;" src="https://indd.adobe.com/embed/2c9dbf13-a83a-4cc7-b337-6b2ee63fe615?startpage=1&allowFullscreen=true" width="525px" height="371px" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nilleg57851248  wrote

- even I added this :<iframe style="border: 1px solid #777;" src="https://indd.adobe.com/embed/2c9dbf13-a83a-4cc7-b337-6b2ee63fe615?startpage=1&allowFullscr een=true" width="525px" height="371px" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

You have to be in the HTML or Text tab (not the Visual tab). For an iFrame to work all of the code has to be included, not just the URL.

Try selecting all and pasting this into the HTML tab

<iframe style="border: 1px solid #777;" src="https://indd.adobe.com/embed/5c04ba52-9f0e-4619-b72b-5ed9aca549c9?startpage=1&allowFullscreen=true" width="100%" height="700px" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is wierd 😮

now I copy your and pasted it into the wp site at text tab, but it keeps showing up wrongSkjermbilde 2017-09-13 20.06.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add the <iframe... in the text tap it stays. Then I took a look at the visual tab (before updating) and my Indesign shows perfect,- with read...

It is when I update the code changes to http/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the iFrame tags. Try pasting the iFrame code in the Text tab and don't switch to Visual before you publish the post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit I think that is what I have done all the time? :

This is the code for embedding:

<iframe style="border: 1px solid #777;" src="https://indd.adobe.com/embed/fd3ea38b-db6b-417e-ae00-e3c664cb6d05?startpage=1&allowFullscreen=true" width="525px" height="371px" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Skjermbilde 2017-09-14 08.03.00.png

This is how the code looks in the text tab after publishing:

<a href="https://indd.adobe.com/embed/fd3ea38b-db6b-417e-ae00-e3c664cb6d05?startpage=1&allowFullscreen=true">https://indd.adobe.com/embed/fd3ea38b-db6b-417e-ae00-e3c664cb6d05?startpage=1&allowFullscreen=true</a>

I wonder if this mysterium have something to do with the smal coding tags in the meny bar?

I would really like to sort this out. The function (when it works) will be brilliant and very timesaving!

I'm very grateful for this forum and for all you help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Wordpress site self hosted or with Wordpress? Do you have the latest version installed 4.8.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It it hosted with WP and is the latest version.

My teacher suggested tha the theme I use do not support iframes. - I used Twentyfifteen.

So now I try to find a theme that does ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try searching for something like "wordpress editor changes html code". There are plugins out there that deal with the Visual editor problem.

Preserved HTML Editor Markup Plus — WordPress Plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that's frustrating. Hrm. I don't know the answer. Might be a limitation of your theme, that you can't do iframes?

I know for sure it works in Wordpress, I have a number of clients who use it. Here's an example of one in a post on InDesignSecrets (scroll down) which is a Wordpress site: https://indesignsecrets.com/publish-online-supports-embedding-indesign-documents.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines