Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not save as "file name-Edit.tif" because the file was not found

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I cannot save Edit.tif files in Ps after opening Ps from Lr. I had an Adobe Camera Raw update, which I did, but that did not solve the problem. On Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and no updates noted (although I understand one is coming the 19th).

Workflow (which worked just fine yesterday and has worked for 2 year w/o fail) is as follows:

1. Upload photos onto external hard drive from CF card.

2. Upload photos to LR from external hard drive and do general edits.

3. Cmd+E to edit in Ps.

4. Allowed to make edits and then Cmd+S, Save As or try to quit program to save and receive the above error message.

When I open file in Ps through Camera Raw directly from external hard drive and attempt to save back to external hard drive, I get "Cannot save {filename}.psd because disk is full" although my Seagate indicates over 8 kb are available.

I have no updates pending. Lr opens and saves files without issue to and from same external hard drive. Able to open jpeg in Ps from desktop, edit and save back to desktop from Ps. I have spent over 2 hours on these forums and have not found a solution to my issue. The main suggestion I have not tried is uninstalling Ps and reinstalling it.

Please help! I have a big shoot in a few hours and cannot not have this app! Thank you!

Molly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main suggestion you will be still waiting 24 hours or another uninstalling Ps and reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled then reinstalled Ps and tried again. Now I get another error message: "Could not save as {file)-Edit.tif because the disk is full" but, again, it is not. After researching this, it appears it is an error likely passed on by my OS system, but I have no idea how to go about solving it from that end. Do I simply empty my trash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mcable1981  wrote

although my Seagate indicates over 8 kb are available.

You didn't really mean 8 kilobytes there, did you? Even if it's 8 gigabytes, that's still not much. I can use up that in 25 minutes. Literally.

Anyway. I take it this is an external drive. The thing is, you need free space on your system drive. A lot more happens on the system drive than most people are aware of, even during a perfectly ordinary save operation. Odd things start to happen when you run low.

So what is the situation there? How much space used, and how much total capacity, on the system drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did mean 8 kb and now I feel like a doofus. My husband said I couldn't store a fart on that drive.

My systems drive has 85.58 GB free of 499.05 GB. This is after I emptied the trashcan. I store my lrcat on my external hard drive and the entire operating system, including my 1 TB external HD, is backed up to another Seagate drive which I did just today. None of the 1 TB EHD files are stored on the OS main drive.

So, I obviously have run out of room on my current 1 TB EHD. Question is, did I also run out on my OS?

I have an empty 2 TB Seagate that I had planned to move my lr catalog to and continue new photo files on but now I'm not sure. Should I copy my entire 1TB drive (lrcat, photos, etc) to the 2 TB, or leave all of my previous photos on the 1 TB and move my lrcat to the new 2TB?

Thank you for all of your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines