• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My lower third text is transparent, how do I change the colour?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lower third text is transparent, how do I change the colour?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-click on the text layer to highlight it.  Go to the Character Settings pane.  Change the Fill from transparent to a color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I did that before, but when I go to render it's tranparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are speking in riddles and not offering up any solid useful information. Please make an effort to axctually explain your steps and settings, provide screenshots, system info and so on. regurgitating bullet points is of no use and won't allow anyone to offer useful help to you.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing to screenshot. Simply when I go to change the colour of the text, the colour doesn't change. So I'm asking is there a reason why this is happening and if you know, how do I change the colour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that your text is set as a track matte to the layer below?

text.JPG

If you see the icon like I have circled your layer is being used as track matte.

You then have to disable that (from A.Inv to None) and make sure the layer is on (eye icon).

If that's not the case, send us a screenshot of your composition.

Cheers

Henrique

Henrique \\ TMMW
Clips Exporter | Text Replacer | Selector for Premiere Pro | Thumbs Up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 16.36.11.png

That didn't work. Is this the screenshot you're looking for? This is the text that isn't changing colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What effects are applied in this layer?

Can you screenshot the actual text too(the composition in the viewer)?

Also select the layer and press "u" to reveal keyframes if there any send a screen shot of that too.

Henrique \\ TMMW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what effects are applied because this is a template I'm using (I'm a beginner).

I selected the layer and pressed "u" and a menu dropped down (text > Source text) (Effects > Fill > ...).

I'm not sure what you mean by the composition in the viewer but I screenshotted this.Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 18.55.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the right screenshot. Thanks.

It looks like you layer has a fill effect that's setting the color and that's why the color you select does not show up.

Open that fill "menu" that showed up when you press "u" and you should see a color setting.

Probably with white set, since your text is white. Click in the white rectangle to get the color selector.

That should do it.

Let me know otherwise.

Henrique \\ TMMW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and it didn't work. I want the text to be grey so I changed the colour in the fill menu as you said, and the colour box changed but the text didn't. It's weird because it looks white but when I render it's transparent. Is there anything else I can do no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidr25719860  wrote

I'm not sure what effects are applied because this is a template I'm using (I'm a beginner).

Oh.  Well, you're going to get hopelessly lost.  Why?  Templates are notoriously complicated -- if they were simple, everyone would make them.  And you're brand-new at this.

So instead of jumping right into the deep end of the pool wearing lead weights, start in the shallow end with a life preserver.  Learn the basics.  Walk before you run:

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave LaRondeLevel 6

I'm not looking to learn After Effects, I simply need a lower third for my YouTube channel and am using the free trial so in a day, I won't be able to finish it, especially when people like you are wasting time, saying nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines