• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get 3D to work on new iMac

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what's wrong here. Worked perfectly fine on old iMac desktop and this new one is supposedly a huge upgrade. I keep getting warning to update CUDA driver, which I did and it didn't work. Then I read posts that said CUDA should be deleted, so I did that, no luck. Here's my screen right now with preferences and iMac specs. Please help. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 4.07.21 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the warning I get.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 4.16.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the Retraced 3D renderer, it's terrible, use the Cinema 4D 3D renderer instead. Go to your Composition settings, you can select it in there 🙂

Hope this helps

PS you should also update your CUDA driver if it needs it 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your new Mac does not have an NViDIA card so you cannot install the CUDA driver and must remove all instances of it.

You could have jacked up the Ray-traced render settings to the point that your system can't handle it, but as Angie said, CUDA and Ray-traced rendering is dead in AE. They are no longer working on it and the C4D 3D engine will do almost exactly the sam things better and with greater speed. Picking Ray-traced rendering when you do not have a compatible NVIDIA GPU is productivity suicide. Even if you get things working it's gong to be so slow that you are going to go crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines