• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way of getting a standalone version of photoshop?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to avoid getting a monthly subscription one and just keep it for myself to use. Mainly for drawing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Adobe no longer sell a perpetual licence for Photoshop.

If you want to avoid a subscription you may wish to look at Photoshop Elements

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer sell a perpetual licence for Photoshop.

If you want to avoid a subscription you may wish to look at Photoshop Elements

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess as a very light, home user,  my question is: why would I want a subscription?   And it says it is "cloud computing"  which is not really compatible with the slow upload speed of my home internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ned23  wrote

And it says it is "cloud computing"  which is not really compatible with the slow upload speed of my home internet.

The only need for internet connection is to sign in to keep your subscription activated.  All of your work is done locally on your computer.  In fact, you only need an internet connection once every 60 days (I think - it may be 90 days) to sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Don't work about the cloud part of Photoshop CC - although it can be useful for libraries etc you don't have to use it. All your images , and the application, are on your local PC. The only internet requirement is the occasional connection (IIRC about monthly) to verify your subscription.  The main advantage is that you always have access to the latest version (and all other versions currently back to CS6)

Photoshop Elements is available on perpetual license so that may meet your needs.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements is available in that form. It doesn't do everything that the subscription Photoshop can, but it may be enough for your purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you intend to digitally draw and paint, and you aren't interested in renting your software, then I would strongly suggest to you to download Krita, which is a free and open source paint application. And very powerful as well - arguably more so than Photoshop for drawing/painting.

www.krita.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop may not be your best choice for illustration, have a look at Painter (and you can buy it outright!):

Digital Art & Painting Software - Corel Painter 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I buy a Photoshop subscription, and install it and then stop paying the monthly fee, can I still use it? I did install it on my computer. Or will the program just stop working?

btw I have a copy of Phtoshop 7.0 that I bought in 2002, and I still use it every day 21 years later. I have no need for a subscription and upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I buy a Photoshop subscription, and install it and then stop paying the monthly fee, can I still use it? I did install it on my computer. Or will the program just stop working?

It will do a periodic activation check (intervals unknown). If you don't have a current plan or you are not up to date with payments, then it will stop working and ask you to activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines