Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

display(!) resolution dependent Animate-file problem

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- tested with different stage(!)-resolutions make no difference

- under about 2310px display resolution the performance of the animation in Safari 10.1.2 Mac is fine

- BUT ABOVE about 2310px display resolution the performance of the animation in Safari 10.1.2 Mac is SIGNIFICANTLY bad

- in Chrome (60.0.3112.113) it makes no difference

-> So the performance "JUMPS" between good and bad at the "2310px-display-barrier"

- I'm using Adobe Animate 2017.5 on Mac OS X 10.11.6

Testing scenario:

http://www.netornot.at/test

(Textanimation in the blue box)

Any ideas? Please don't write "that's a Safari problem".

Kind regards,

Didi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screen isn't big enough to test what you've said, but for what it's worth the performance is equally bad in Safari Chrome and Firefox.

Did you mean it to be 11 fps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canvas is problem, rendering too much pixels is problem, Chrome in this case better handle this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in my tests it doesn't. Firefox is often worse than Safari and Chrome, but generally Safari does well.

With the test being set to 11 fps it's hard to tell if it's performing poorly or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the fps to 24 now.

(you don't need a really big display for testing it. Because of Retina a simple Apple MacBook 13" has 2560px and therefore has the performance problem in Safari. I think it goes down to 2(!)fps at the 2310px barrier. Under 2310px (if you resize the browser) the performance is OK!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your link I can go full screen on my 15 inch MacBook Pro Retina, and I see the problem you're describing. But, if I try to create my own version I can be full screen and get 60 FPS.

Could you put an FLA online somewhere, that has enough in it to show the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the fla-file:

http://www.netornot.at/test/logobiganim.fla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something does seem to be wrong with the way the responsive scaling is done. Uncheck that in publish settings, and put this script into frame 1 of the timeline:

resize();

window.addEventListener("resize", resize.bind(this))

function resize() {

var scale = window.innerWidth / 1024;

exportRoot.scaleX = scale;

exportRoot.scaleY = scale;

}

You can set the FPS to 60 to see that it will stay smooth even when you go full screen.

The content gets cropped off at 1024 across, I must be missing something, and hopefully someone else will tell us what that is!

Would you be willing to log a bug with Adobe, and give them your example file? Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got no answer from Adobe Bug Report Forum.

What I made in the meantime is a new and SIMPLER test-file with only 1 formtween.

Again, open it in Safari, make the browserwindow bigger than approx. 2310 and it will be very slow, browserwindow smaller than 2310px and all is OK again. Crazy!

New testlink: http://www.netornot.at/test3

New testfile: http://www.netornot.at/test3/test3.fla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dietmarm,

I will check with the team to have a look when they are free.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked with the team and they are investigating your request. They should be getting in touch with you soon if they have not done so already.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines