• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Letters Making Other Letters Disappear

Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have imported some text from Illustrator. Each letter in Illustrator has been placed in its own layer in Illustrator, due to me needing to spin each letter independently. I bring the layers into my work area and turn them into 3D, as I also want to make them 3D. Well, this makes all but one of the letters disappear. I realize that this is because each layer with a letter is hiding the layers behind it. I cannot have any of the letter layers at the same Z value as the other letter layers. I don't know if making a mask would be the right approach to this - as I also need the letters to start large and become small - meaning I would have to link the size of my masks to the letters? I am in active camera view. This seems to be a layer issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I added adjustment layers in between all my "letter layers" and I can now see all layers without and being hidden. Is this the correct solution for users who want to be doing things properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd double-check your illustrator file.  It seems unlikely, but it sounds like your Illustrator layers have backgrounds on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can post a screen shot of your comp it will be much easier to diagnose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines