• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Effects to a clip ruins its color grade. Please help

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm working with cinema DNG RAW footage from the BMCC 2.5K.  I'll have graded my footage and it will look wonderful; however, the second I put on an effect (for example, warp stabilizer), my grade is ruined. It does not matter if I drop in the effect first, and then grade, or grade and then place the effect. The result is the same.

It seems to me that dropping the effect automatically switches my footage to the lower resolution proxy file, which causes my grade to be applied to footage of that lesser codec.

I've tried nesting the clip and applying the grade inside the nest, and the effect outside. I also tried it in the reverse order. No matter which order I attempt...the grade does not coexist with the effect. This is ruining my edit.

Am I committing a critical workflow/process error that's confusing the program? Is this a bug within the program? Or, is there a setting that I've overlooked?

Please assist

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would NOT recommend editing raw CinemaDNG sequences natively in Premiere. I'm sure Adobe has made a good faith effort to add support, but it has primitive color adjustment controls, and support for it is shaky at best. You are much better off converting your footage in After Effects to an edit-friendly format like ProRes, where you have full control using the Adobe Camera Raw tool, and I guarantee you won't have these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro doesn't process CinemaDNG correctly.  I'm a little baffled on how you got something 'wonderful' out of it.

My recommendation is to use the new Resolve 14, which is free and runs circles around PP with this media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines