• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost mode and opacity on top bar--now says anti alias and refine edges

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had mode and opacity on my grey line above workspace and all of a sudden it is gone.  I am new to PS and mode is what I know for my actions.  Does anyone have any ideas on what I have done and how to fix it? Please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

The bar above the document window is called the Options bar, and it can be turned off/on via Window > Options. Assuming the bar is still there and you are just missing screen modes and opacity, it is important to understand that the Options shown on the Option bar relate to the selected tool in the tool box.

For example, when I have the Paintbrush, I see paintbrush-related options l like Blending Modes and Opacity (these also appear with the Pencil tool, the Eraser tool and the Clone tool):

Photoshop CCss_009.png

When I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be best to post a Screen capture and note the software you are using. OS version Adobe software version etc. Opaity on a gray line abobe workspace what are you referring tooooooo.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are describing the options bar. The content of the options bar changes according to the tool you have selected. Perhaps you changed to a selection tool. If you post a screen capture we can tell you for sure what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you that is exactly what happened. Like I said I am very knew. 

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bar above the document window is called the Options bar, and it can be turned off/on via Window > Options. Assuming the bar is still there and you are just missing screen modes and opacity, it is important to understand that the Options shown on the Option bar relate to the selected tool in the tool box.

For example, when I have the Paintbrush, I see paintbrush-related options l like Blending Modes and Opacity (these also appear with the Pencil tool, the Eraser tool and the Clone tool):

Photoshop CCss_009.png

When I have the Move tool, I see options that relate to moving:

Photoshop CCss_010.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines