• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why jdf file is created from InDesign CS5 instead of pdf

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who, all of a sudden, has started creating .jdf files instead of .pdf files when exporting from InDesign CS5. It was working fine yesterday, but then this morning (after restarting a couple times), it still won't make a .pdf. I've checked her settings, everything is the same as she had before. I can't find anything on this subject, so hoping someone else had (has?) this issue and can help. I"m hoping I won't have to reset her InDesign preferences, but I don't think that will fix the issue either.

mried

Screenshot.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Because you're using an older version of InDesign CS5 and Acrobat X Pro, there is still a feature available that can generate a JDF file.

If you look at this help file, you'll see a choice under the Advanced areas of the PDF Export Options:

Use Adobe PDF options to export to PDF in InDesign

"Create JDF File Using Acrobat

"Creates a Job Definition Format (JDF) file and starts Acrobat Professional for processing the JDF file. A job definition in Acrobat contains references to the files to be printed a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see nothing there to indicate that InDesign created that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you're using an older version of InDesign CS5 and Acrobat X Pro, there is still a feature available that can generate a JDF file.

If you look at this help file, you'll see a choice under the Advanced areas of the PDF Export Options:

Use Adobe PDF options to export to PDF in InDesign

"Create JDF File Using Acrobat

"Creates a Job Definition Format (JDF) file and starts Acrobat Professional for processing the JDF file. A job definition in Acrobat contains references to the files to be printed as well as instructions and information for prepress service providers at the production site. This option is only available if Acrobat 7.0 Professional or later is installed on your machine. For more information, see Acrobat Help."

This is an out-of-date feature which has been discontinued as describe in this posting:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1484842

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi smartgraphics,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines