• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

gtx1080 vs gtx970 playback / scrubbing & lots of cuda effects

Advocate ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the discussions you see comparing cards are about things like rendering times and the like.

I'm aware that there's not much in it between these 2 cards for that but I cant help wondering if the extra 4gb of memory helps with playing-back and rendering cuda effects in 4k?

I've not been able to figure out whether my system issues (black screening, failed GPU renders, constantly having to clear the media cache etc) is down to my gtx970 and will be helped by a new GPU.  I'd love to get some input before dropping $1000!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you do not have to go to the GTX 1080 to beat that GTX 970 look at my PPBM testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of fact, even a reference-clocked GTX 1060 6GB card equals or beats a GTX 970 SC (SuperClocked) card. However, you might want to step up to at least a GTX 1070 in order for the upgrade to be worth the cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eeek

well I just bought a gtx1080ti.  If it doesn't help I'll sell it.  I do a lot of timelapse - 7-8K sometimes, it makes premiere wimper. I'm hoping the 11gb will help a bit with that, and that it'll help with my 4k footage with effects.  I'll report back just in case anyone else is wondering about the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines