• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Magic Wand acting weird (help)

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used this forum as I have always solved the problem - but am stuck on my Magic Wand use (and been on Photoshop for years).

I used to be able to use the Magic Wand and select parts of an image and delete to a transparent background...but in the last few weeks the wand does not work and selects the whole layer and deletes it. I used to like programming it to a 10px pick up area to grab...but a dialgue box keeps coming up saying: AN INTEGER BETWEEN 0 AND 255 IS REQUIRED. CLOSEST VALUE INSERTED.

Can anyone help me as its rendered the wand useless for help....hope to hear something please.

Best wishes: Daryl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Try resetting all tools. If that does not fix  your problem try resetting your Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting all tools. If that does not fix  your problem try resetting your Photoshop preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever a Tool acts erratically, try resetting it by right clicking on its'  icon in the Options bar.

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 10.49.35 PM.png

If this does not work, let me know your Photoshop and OS version, Photoshop CS6/Windows 7 for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Guys...thank you so much...never ever had problem and you both helped out asap. All my best and importantly learnt something!

Best wishes: Daryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines