• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File date and time changes on zipped and downloaded files

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone sent me a bunch of photos in a zip file, but when I unzip them and import to Elements, the dates are all changed to the time I unzipped them rather than the original time/date the photo was taken.  Most of the metadata also seem to be gone.  I'm running Windows 10 and just using the file extract that comes with it.  Is there another way I can extract the files while preserving the original file info?

The same thing seems to be happening on files that I downloaded from iCloud that were taken with my phone, except the other metadata is still there.  How do I preserve the original date/time information?  Not sure it matters, but I'm using Elements 14.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add -- after looking more closely at the files, it's only happening with some files, not all of them that were imported on the same date.  It's happening with pictures taken with different cameras/phones.  All of the photos I imported have incorrect information in the metadata, with "date modified" being prior to "date created."  Most of them have the correct date displayed in Elements even though the metadata shows different dates, but a large percentage have the incorrect date displayed in Elements as well as in the metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No mystery:

Photoshop Elements 6/7/8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Elements only cares  for the 'date_taken', not the created or modified dates, which are used by your OS (for instance to know which files have to be backed up).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines