• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Aligning Images

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm editing some photos for a site and I'd like to know whether there is a way to speed up the manual process I have to do currently. So I have a basic body model and I have to put clothing pieces on top. Most items come in 2-3 images so I can layer them properly as some parts of the clothing have to go behind the model and some on top. I am curious if there is a way for me to avoid having to manually move the images and align them on the model and then layer them properly. Thanks for any feedback!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post meaningful screenshots (including pertinent Panels).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

example.png

This is the manual process I currently do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the individual images not have the same canvas size and the proper position on the canvases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they are all different sizes, as if they were trimmed of transparent pixels and since the items range in size so do the canvases for the individual ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I see no immediate option for automating the alignment in Photoshop.

A Scripting solution based on the transparency and employing Paths might be possible but would likely be difficult to create and performance might not be particularly speedy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what if I were to give them all the same canvas size? Could I do something then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If their position on the Canvas is meaningless the Canvas Size itself is no help. (edited)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines