Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining advanced actions in CP9

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

The question is really simple: Is there a way to combine advanced actions?

See example: With button #1 I want to activate the advanced actions of buttons #2, 3, 4 and 5. Otherwise I need to handle A LOT of variables in #1 and that would be horrible - because every button #2-5 deals with a lot of variables themselves.

2017-09-13 16_16_40-Host für die Windows Shell-Oberfläche.png

Thank you for all your help!
Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could use another approach, maybe I could help if you explained what you have in those actions, why you need so many variables.

The title confused me: I thought you wanted to embed another advanced action in an advanced action, but that seems not to be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

this is why I need a lot of variables: One button makes a lot of elements visible (see pictures). I know I could also use groups and then the amount of variables would decrease. But anyway, in the end, for the "Show all" / "Hide all" Button it's still a lot.

2017-09-14 08_37_29-Host für die Windows Shell-Oberfläche.png 2017-09-14 08_38_32-Erweiterte Aktionen.png

I would prefer to activate button #2-5 with only one button if possible.

THANKS everybody.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Rod is confused as well, still don't understand your question. What do you exactly want (I understand German, will not write in Goethe's language however).  If my understanding is correct, you don't want to embed another advanced action in an action, where CpExtra widget would have been my recommendation as well, but you want to execute an advanced action on one button, and that execution should at the same time also launch the actions on the other buttons?

Anyway I would certainly recommend to cut down on actions and on variables. Hiding and showing works perfectly on groups. I see no reference to variables in the screenshot at all: how do you use the variables?

Try this: explain the situation, and what you want to achieve in very simple language, no reference to advanced actions. Maybe that way proper help could be provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri  schrieb

... but you want to execute an advanced action on one button, and that execution should at the same time also launch the actions on the other buttons?

Yes, this is correct - I want one button that executes the actions of other (already existing) buttons Is this possible?

Sorry if my message was confusing for you! I hope, the situation is clearer now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not the explanation in simple language.

Where are those variables? I have seen one standard action, which is only hiding a bunch of objects. What are the other actions on the other buttons? It is perfectly possible to copy/paste commands between advanced actions, or to convert the standard action into a conditional action (with the condition IF 1 is equal to 1) and have several decisions of that kind in one conditional action. That makes it easier to manage.

However my 'Captivate intuition' tells me I could help to rework everything to make it a lot more simple. But if yoy want me to help I have to understand the full situation, hence my first question which I repeated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this was simple language - I regret it was not for you.

The screenshot of the advanced action is one example of what buttons #2-5 do. The others are almost the same in what they do.

How can I copy items from different advanced actions into one single advanced action? This would be exactly what I need to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are no variables at all in that action? You talked about a lot of variables but I don't see any variable in that action.

You mean that those buttons only hide objects? Sounds strange to me.

Too bad you are still on CP9, I posted an extensive description of the new AA dialog box in: http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-actions-dialog-box-in-captivate-2017

Advanced Actions Dialog box in Captivate 2017 - Captivate blog

Hope these screenshots help:

Select the commands you want to copy and click on the Copy button (or use CTRL-C on Win)

Action1.png

Open the other action, and use the Paste button or CTRL-V, will here happen after the first command, line is selected.

Action2.png

The commands are pasted but you can still use the arrow buttons to rearrange the commands if ecessary

Action3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your output is HTML5, CpExtra widget does provide a way to call another Advanced Action from within an Advanced Action.

Check it out here:

Events and Actions | Infosemantics Pty Ltd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources