• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just bought Illustrator CC 2017 - TERRIBLE performance on windows 10

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I just bought Illustrator CC 2017 and the performance on my windows 10 computer is astonishingly terrible. After a certain period of time (10-20 minutes) the program becomes unusable. Turning off GPU mode does seem to have som effect, but doing this makes me lose animated zoom which is a function im addicted to.

Intel i7 4710-HQ CPU

16 gig ram

Nividia GTX 850M.

Previous versions have worked much better than this.

Is it possible to download an earlier version of CC 2017 from somewhere and try that? In case how?

I see many others having these same issues, but no solution. Im writing this partially to get an official response to a problem that is totally unacceptable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maronsen,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the new AI CC 2017.

Please check the link below for step by step process to install the older version of Illustrator. You can uninstall the CC 2017 from the Creative Cloud app itself.

How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get this straight.

Did you just say... "Please don't use the software update you paid for?"

If your new software is unusable then remind me again why I pay a monthly subscription fee? Or for that matter why was it even released?

I'll be honest, considering the massive amount of internet posted complaints regarding performance issues for both the 2015 and 2017 versions of Illustrator, I am starting to feel like Adobe has robbed me.

Adobe, is this really the best answer you have?

Oh yes, in case you are interested, I have a very powerful computer:

Win10, 64

i7-5930k CPU @ 3.5GHz

32GB DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 8G (water cooled)

1T SSD

I should have ZERO issues running this software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cwert,

I did not mean that you should not use the new version of the software. My answer to the initiator of this thread was as per his query on how to install an old version of app. If you are facing any issue with the new version, you should definitely report it here and we will try to help you fix it or you can also contact the support via phone or chat : Contact Customer Care

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly CC 2015 versions seems to run better. The same goes for photoshop, CC 2017 is not possible to use but the previos versions works better - even with GPU turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have exactly same issue! This is such a shame for Adobe to put minuscule useless features like this "lorem ipsum" thingie to the new version of Illustrator, and not fixing stuff that people complain about for YEARS. Both Illustrator and Phototshop became extremely slow after latest update! Photoshop lags as hell when i'm working with file that contains just a 3,5 layers, and Illustrator constantly becomes unresponsive to Wacom tablet and mouse. Do you guys even test new updates before putting them out?! Extremely dissapointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a lot of issues in the software these days which Adobe should address. Back in the day we paid thousands of Euro's for reliable software. And it worked Perfectly! Now the fee has gone down, and sure that's great, but keep the development on a higher level. It's not about al those new "tools" who half of us guys don't use. Get these performance issues and errors out of the software & make us happy again. It's even a hassle to use shortcuts... Stay sharp brothers and sisters!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines