Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Will Not Authorize my Ereader

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We've followed your instructions and deauthorized and then tried to get ADE to recognize computer and ereader. It will not. Please advise. H. Casser-Jayne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you be able to share the error message you are getting while trying to authorize the eReader. It would be helpful if you could also provide some details about whether you face the same issue when you authorize ADE on your computer and the version of ADE you are using.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, There seems to be no problem opening the file on my computer. When I try to open it on Kobo I get "Your ereader is not authorized to open this book. As per your CSR's instructions, we deauthorized the computer in ADE, and followed reauthorization that said it would authorize all computers, which it did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you seeing this error with all ebooks or with some specific ones?

Please verify that the ereader and ADE are both signed in using the same account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with all books and the ID is the same as far as I can tell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Computer and eReader have the same account, error happens with all ebooks, that are transferred from ADE to the eReader, however if a book is transferred from say for example Kobo website then there is no issue. I believe the problem lies with the ADE program, and you need to have your support team test and find / fix this problem. As I read thru the forum a lot of people are having this issue.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree.   this problem appears to be with ADE and Kobo.

I had the same problem two months ago, and the user ID could not be deleted. The only solution was to create a new ID and re-authorize and that worked.    Unfortunately my second ID has stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. My computer is authorized and when I copy the books to my nook color, I can read the books on the mynook drive on my computer but when I try to open them on my nook device, it states user not activated. help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hsello,

I receive the same error as the message above.

It did it once, then it did not do it on another book and now I am receiving it again.

I have authorized my device, unauthorized, redownloaded, changed USB ports.

Why am I getting this message?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I reported this yesterday...does Adobe have a solution for ths issue, reading thru the forum, it looks like it is happening a lot...Thanks

I am using ADE version 4.5.6 to load epub books from onedrive to my Kobo eReader, once I try to open my book I am getting the following problem "Your eReader is not authorized to open this book" - This book is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM). Because you previously deauthorized your eReader, you need to re-import the book using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). I have uninstalled and reinstalled (ade) The weird thing is that my eReader is brand new and never been used before now. How can I fix this problem, I would like to be able to read my books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent an email to you and I would request you to provide the requested information on the same email so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,
Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I did not receive your email, that you sent saying

I would request you to provide the requested information on the same email so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,
Ajit"

Please resend tHANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you a private message with our contact details and few steps that you may try to diagnose the issue.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not get that private message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ajit

I also have an adobe account and am suddenly unable to open all my epub purchases, including ones I made just last week!!

Can you send me advice as to how to resolve this please?

Phil Morriss

[Private mail address removed by Moderator]

Yes I do have an ADOBE ID and am logged onto the Adobe Digital Editions with the same ID and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue...uninstalling ADE 4.5 and downloading 3.0 fixed it instantly. I spent a few hours trying everything with 4.5 and did not have any success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The problem seems to be with adobe. My e-reader was working for the last couple months with library books and then it just stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing 3.0 works. but if you want a quick work-around: Check out another ebook from your library and open it to ADE. From ADE move it to your ereader. Once you do that then the other book(s) that were giving you trouble will suddenly work.

This was suggested on another thread and it is a good work around (other than having to take out a book you might not actually want to read).  eReader not authorized to open this book

1. Transfer the library book to your Kobo and try it.

2. If you get the "oops! not authorized..." or whatever, go back to your library website and download a second book.  Doesn't matter what it is, just borrow something else that is available immediately. 

3. Download the second book and transfer it to your device.

Just like magic, both books all of a sudden work no problem.  Very strange but there's clearly some kind of bug in the underlying Kobo software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG this totally worked! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HOLY COW, downloading 2 books from my public library to ADE and then moving them together to my device really WORKS!!I was able to open both books that previously had been refused to me.

I have an older Kobo Glo and couldn't get my library books to open through Overdrive without the dreaded "Your eReader is not authorized to open this book" message... (and yes, both ADE and my device had the same identical Vendor ID). I could only read my library books on my laptop using ADE, but not on my Kobo Glo. When I called Kobo, they suggested I use ADE 3.0, but when  installing it on my new Windows 10 laptop, it requested I install the older Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (I wasn't at all comfortable doing that, not knowing what issues installing that might create). So I have searched and searched and was just about to give up when I found this trick, which totally works! Thanks so much "suburbandiva" for taking the time to share this with us! Happy reading!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem that just appeared.  After "borrowing" a book from the library, I can successfully download to my desktop (and read it) but once transferred to the Kobo it gets the message "eReader is not authorized...".  

I have erased and re-authorized many times in different orders, trying to find a solution.  Nothing is working.  I have also reinstalled the ADE software, done a repair, factory reset the Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my problem .i can download a book in overdrive.cant download to my

kobo touch.i wondered if I authorized ADE without an adobe Id and this

prevented downloading To my kobo touch. I can't reverse this however.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:06 AM jeffr42215209 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didnt receive a private message either

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 2:13 PM, irving zelcer <irving.zelcer@gmail.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are currently investigating the issue at our end with ADE 4.5 with Kobo device and once we have any update then I will definitely share it with you. Also, I would like to share few points given below that you should verify at your end while working with ADE 4.5 and Kobo device-

• Make sure that the ereader and ADE are both signed in using the same account.
  • For Windows You may also try to de-authorize ADE by opening registry editor and navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept"
  • Right click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  • For Mac OS, click on Finder and navigate to Go > Go to Folder and type ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions
  • Drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
  • Relaunch ADE and it will prompt you to sign in with your email address again. Once ADE authorized, try to check the issue again.
  • Also try to de-authorize and reauthorize ADE on your device as well and then check the issue.
  • Try to check with sample eBooks whether you are able to read them on your device. Sample eBooks can be download from- Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions

If the above mentioned steps doesn't work, try to perform the below steps and see if that helps-

• Try to download ADE 3.0 (http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html)
  • De-authorize the ADE on your machine (Windows/Mac) using the instructions mentioned above.
  • Get a book from the library book
  • When prompted, open using ADE (or download- I just said open instead of download)
  • When you try to open the book in ADE, it'll ask you to authorize computer
  • Do the authorization (the same as my Kobo) then transferred the book to your Kobo and see if that helps.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prob resolved.book was going to overdrive rather than ADE.once corrected

all ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines