• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Rendering a sequence with watermark

Participant ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I need some help. I am trying to render a short 1080 sequence (5 minutes) on which I have added a logo as watermark. To do so I have used one of the presets in the new  graphic panel (Logo Bug), in which I have inserted my own logo,which is in .png format.

Rendering the sequence without the watermark takes about 5 minutes. With the watermark it seems that it will take several hours and the performances of the computer are critically reduced. (I have interrupted the rendering as I could not use any other program, nor control my mouse).  I also tried to add the watermark with the old titles method, by importing the logo in a title, but the result is the same.

I tried to export directly without rendering via Media encoder, but Media Encoder will crash my computer.

Here is the information on my settings

• Première Pro CC 2017.1.2
  • All recent updates installed
  • Source footage : Several sources : C4K and UHD from different DSLRs GH4 and Sony Alpha7S2 Codec H264 MOV or MP4 container.
  • Operating system : Windows 7 Pro /Service pack1
  • Computer hardware:
    • Processor - IntelCore i7-4960X CPU@3.60GHz
    • RAM : 64 Go
    • System 64bits
    • HardDrives
      • System (C:\): SSD 512Go
      • 1 Separate internal Video Drive
      • 1 separate internal Data drive

• Problem Never occurred before, however I have recently erased temporary files from my C drive (Using CC cleaner)
  • Other softwares I am running: mostly the Adobe CC suite plus DaVinci resolve, and some other office related softwares (Word excel etc.)
  • Third-party effects or codecs installed:  Neatvideo, Mercalli, SappireEdge…
  • Using Mercury Playback Engine acceleration
  • Do you still have the issue when choosing Project Settings > General > Renderer > Mercury Playback Engine (Software Only)? I am afraid to lose all the previsualizations in my sequence.

Any help you could provide would be most welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

In your export media window, click on effects - image overlay

go.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of graphics card (GPU) are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for looking into my problem. I have 2 Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is this PNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The PNG is 45Ko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I finally managed to export the sequence with the logo as watermark. It took +/-5 hours.. I think this is not normal. Any help would be welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you adding a watermark in the render options or are you adding the PNG to a new layer on top of everything else? Can you try whichever option you are not using and see if you still get the long render time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the dimensions of the watermark graphic, in pixels? I'd go to Photoshop and make a new image to match the Sequence size in Premiere, for instance 1920x1080 or whatever you are working with. Size and place the watermark graphic within that frame exactly where you want it, and add transparency if desired. Now save as .png or .psd with alpha.

Drop that into Premiere timeline. Export. As Premiere does not have to do any scaling or anything to the image, should not add appreciable render time to a timeline that did not have that overlay. The 5-hour thing makes no sense at all.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your point. I should not scale the graphic in Première. The watermark Graphic in photoshop is 410x426 px and the format is png.

I  want it to be very small on the top corner of the Première sequence which is 1920x1080 px.   So far I have inserted the graphic in a layer created with essential graphics and changed the scale of the logo it in there. I have no idea which size to make it in Photoshop to avoid having to adjust it a little  in Première. I'll try reducing it by half in photoshop. But I may still have to adjust it.  Première is supposed to handle scaled graphics in the titles, maybe the problem is elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

300188  wrote

I have no idea which size to make it in Photoshop to avoid having to adjust it a little  in Première.

1920x1080. Just make several versions with your logo various sizes in the upper corner. Then drop it in the top video layer in Premiere. No resizing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I am adding the PNG in a new layer above the whole sequence. I don't know about the option of adding the watermark to the render options. How do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your export media window, click on effects - image overlay

go.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do as you say tomorrow ( here in France it is late now) and will let you know how it went. Thanks a million for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I rendered as you advised and it worked better. It took 1 hour versus 5 hours the first time (but in VBR 2 passes while first time it was VBR 1 pass).

Although I still find this time very long. Do you think such duration is normal? The output file is 266 Mo (I encoded with H264 using an Ipad/Apple TV 1080p25 preconfiguration).The sources files are all 4 K, some encoded with GoPro Cineform, edited on a 1080 timeline.

Thank you again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere, look under File > Project Settings > General and see what the Renderer is set to. It will be either GPU or Software only. You want this to be GPU, so that your graphics card can accelerate the processing, specifically the scaling from 4k to HD. Your processor and GPU are about 4 years old, but still quite viable for HD editing. When using 4k footage, that will put a much greater load on the system.

Newer releases of Premiere have started dropping support for some older GPUs. I don't think the GTX 780 was dropped, but you should check that to see if it is being used.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff, I checked that render is set to GPU and that my graphic cards are still supported.

Maybe I have inadvertedly erased some system file when I cleaned up my computer by erasing Temp files with cc clean. This is when problems began. Or maybe my system is getting too old. I have to start looking for a new one, as I will have soon to edit a big 52' project with 4K source footage. Any tips in terms of where I can find the ideal configuration?

again many thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines