• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy Greyed Out with Media Containing Captions

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a Proxy workflow, but having issues creating proxies from files that have closed captions embedded or attached.  For testing, I have four MXF files with 8 channels of audio.  Two of the files have CC attached to them and two files that do not have CC. 

I transcode all files to ProRes with 4 Ch audio and captions embedded using a preset.  I've created a matching proxy ingest preset with 4 ch audio to import the files.

When I import the four transcoded files, the two files without CC create proxies without issue.  The two files with CC do not create a proxy.  I tried to manually create the proxies by right clicking on the files and selecting "Proxy" in the menu, but it is greyed out.

I also attempted to create the proxies with the original MXF files and getting the same results.   The files without CC created proxies, the files with CC did not and also had a greyed out "Proxy" in the right-click menu.

Is there a setting I'm missing or can I not create proxies with files that have CC embedded or attached to them?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Matt: Please contact Support and see what they say. I am not aware of this behavior: Contact Customer Care

Also log this behavior in the bug report form: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if currently the proxy setup is not designed to work with caption-included media?

Maybe Stefan Gruenwedel​ would know or be able to answer this?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt: Please contact Support and see what they say. I am not aware of this behavior: Contact Customer Care

Also log this behavior in the bug report form: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comment, Stefan ... I've no clue myself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, everyone.  I will follow-up with support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer? I'm experiencing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captions are not currently supported for Proxy workflows, that is why the Proxy option is greyed out. Please submit a feature request: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines