Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud update sits idle

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm working on a project where i need to install Adobe Media Encoder in order to change the bitrate of an After Effects composition.

BUT to do that, i have to use the Creative Cloud which i cant because it seems i need to update it even though i checked its version and it says it is in the latest version already...

So i've tried to uninstall but i can't do that either because it says my Adobe programs are using it even though i have NEVER seen my programs use it or used it myself before. Repairing the files did not change a thing either.

Image shows my problem. Translated from Norwegian: ''Updating Creative Cloud, please wait...''

Skjermbilde 2017-09-14 kl. 13.45.33.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Hi William,

I am unable to read the language you are utilizing for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.  Is the Creative Cloud desktop app currently selected on the Apps tab?

If it is the Apps tab then please utilize the steps listed in Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel to resolve the current error.  If you continue to experience difficulties then I would recommend implementing the steps listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

I am unable to read the language you are utilizing for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.  Is the Creative Cloud desktop app currently selected on the Apps tab?

If it is the Apps tab then please utilize the steps listed in Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel to resolve the current error.  If you continue to experience difficulties then I would recommend implementing the steps listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html to reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app.  This includes the manual removal of the OOBE folder.

If you have any questions regarding any of the steps listed in the documents, or you have a different tab selected, then please update this discussion.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried uninstalling the Creative Cloud app at first which did finally uninstall with your link, but that did not fix the issue. What fixed the issue is deleting the contents of the OBEE folder then restarting the computer and creative cloud. Suddenly the update wasnt even there, and i could see every program on my computer and begin downloading the encoder and updating my other CC programs.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem;

I still can't download CC, but I may be able to help you with the Media Encoder problem.

Go to this link Download Creative Cloud apps

There are seven, 64 bit, programs, for Mac and PC  that can be downloaded without using the CC app.

Media Encoder was one of them.

Adobe:

"We are working on making the additional download links available in the near future."

It took me forever to find this link!   

I still can't get CC installer or the update to work.

Installer stops at 2% and the update stops at 1%.

I don't know if you have a Mac or a PC.

Adobe:

"The 2017 release of Creative Cloud requires Mac OS X 10.10 or above. Members running older versions of Mac OS X, such as 10.9, will not be able to install or run the Creative Cloud 2017 apps."

I have an older Mac Pro (Early 2008) OS X El Capitan/ Version 10.11.6 (15G1611)

That should work, but I'm not having any luck.

I hope this will be of some help, at least with Media Encoder.

It worked for me.

Good luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines