• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: CS6 Design & Web Premium fails install due to 'Adobe Support Advisor'

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the sam message regarding "downloading Adobe Advisor..." however, I am not attempting to install to Seirra 10.12... My OS is El Capitan 10.11 ... Do you have any other work around?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Step 1)

Launch Activity Monitor and "Force Quit" all the process related to Adobe like Creative Cloud, CoreSync, AAMupdater, AAMupdater notifier, Adobe Crash demon , PDAPP, install , setup... from Activity monitor.

Step 2)

Trash Adobe Application Manager folder from Applications>Utilities.

Step 3 )

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library
  3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Babanatale if the install of CS6 is failing on Mac OS 10.11 then please review the installation logs to determine the error preventing installation.  Complete information on how to locate the installation logs is available at Troubleshoot install issues with log files in Adobe Creative Suite (CS6, CS5.5, CS5), PS Elements, a...​.

You are welcome to post any specific errors you discover Babanatale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff: Thanks for the reply.. Here is a look at my logs..

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [INFO] PIM - PIM Database is Up To Date.

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [INFO] PIM - Updater Inventory location:/Volumes/CS6 DesWebPrm/Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium/Install.app/Contents/Frameworks/UpdaterInventory.framework/UpdaterInventory

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [INFO] PIM - trying to createOrUpdatePIMDbSchema.

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [FATAL] PIM - Error could not executeGeneralSQLQuery.

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [FATAL] PIM - Failed select count(*) from sqlite_master.

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [FATAL] PIM -  disk I/O error.

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [FATAL] PIM - Error in Get Table count.

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [FATAL] PIM - ERROR Failed select count(*) from sqlite_master.

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [ERROR] PIM - Could not createOrUpdatePIMDbSchema.

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [INFO] PIM - PIMSqlite closeDB status 0

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [ERROR] PIM - Failed to initialize ACF pim.db. Database is corrupted. Download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from http://www.adobe.com,or install this product again.

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [FATAL] Setup - Unable to perform Disk space check.

Wed Sep 13 13:56:53 2017 [INFO] Setup - TimeLog: End initial checks

Wed Sep 13 13:56:57 2017 [INFO] Setup - =================  Exiting Installer with Code: 0  =================

Apparently there is a problem when you have CC and your olde apps want to update through CC - so I have had to uninstall CC and use CC Cleaner .. This gave me my Photoshop back but didn't allow for Acrobat X Pro. I went in and did another clean, uninstall CS6 and the reinstall CS6; this time with no luck except the Warning (from above) ... This seems to go from bad to worse - I'm thinking of restoring my Yosemite, uninstalling CC and going from there... Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome.  Thanks again, David (aka Babanatale)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1)

Launch Activity Monitor and "Force Quit" all the process related to Adobe like Creative Cloud, CoreSync, AAMupdater, AAMupdater notifier, Adobe Crash demon , PDAPP, install , setup... from Activity monitor.

Step 2)

Trash Adobe Application Manager folder from Applications>Utilities.

Step 3 )

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library
  3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and rename OOBE folder to OOBE-old.

Step 4)

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager10.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear, then open Application folder and locate Adobe Application manager launch icon , double click on it and update .

Once the update is completed. Try to install CS6 apps again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...!  I will keep you posted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, After installing Adobe application Manager , it will get updated to Adobe Creative Cloud app, no need to sign in. Restart the Mac once and then after restart try to install CS6 , it shud work.

Adobe Creative Cloud app is nothing but updated version of Adobe Application Manager which is necessary to manage Adobe apps on your Mac like Installation, Activation, Update...etc

You can disable launch at login option as well if you like.

1. Click on the menu bar icon.
  2. Click the gear icon.
  3. Select “Preferences…”
  4. Uncheck “Launch at login”.
  5. Note: The "Preferences" option does not appear until you log in to Creative Cloud using your Adobe ID and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what can I say...IT WORKED!  I was at this until three this morning and then back at it again this a.m. - along with a couple calls to Adobe.  Let me give you the rundown of what I used and didn't use to get this up and running.  I went all out and followed the directions through restart, clicked on install CS6 - this time I got as far as being able to check which apps to choose for installation.  At this point, the install window came up and close about 20 seconds later giving me a Installation Failed message.  A lot further along than I had been this morning.  I then went back and filled the steps.  I included taking out another process that wasn't on the list since (at some point last night) any install I was attempting was hanging on this - "SafariCloudHistoryPushAgent".. I followed the rest of the steps up to restarting at which point I decided to attempt the CS6 install.  I got to the check window and this time only chose Photoshop and Acrobat X Pro.  Well that did the job.  For some reason I had InDesign, Flash, Illustrator, Fireworks and Dreamweaver still in the Application folder.  Photoshop and Acrobat are really, really important to my work flow.  I clicked 'Sign In Later' and it installed. 

I don't know where to begin to thank you...I was in a downward spiral and you guys pulled me out of it.  Thank you!

Now, I need to go in to reinstall Lightroom 6 (which I think is part of the problem) since I had to have CC on the menu bar and it was actively following my apps.  It sort of forced me into updating all the CS6 apps (except for Photoshop) - Photoshop then started to malfunction as well as the CC apps (only have Lightroom - which I bought and is not a subscription) and CC Manager on the menu bar (for the last month or so it has been telling me that it fails when booting up and that I reinstall. In CC Manager Photoshop was telling me that it needed to be updated and when I would attempt to update it would fail telling me that the files (coming from Adobe) were corrupt and that I should just keep trying at a later time...

Lightroom for tomorrow and a million thanks again and any thoughts on keeping out of trouble with CC would be helpful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS 6 standalone apps no need to update via Creative Cloud app. You can directly download and install available updates from below link:

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh

For other CS 6 updates you may refer below link:

www.adobe.com/uk/downloads/updates.html

If you are not using any CC apps , you may disable Creative Cloud app auto launch at login as I mentioned earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good information to have.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines