Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck at "Solving Camera" on PC version of After Effects CC 2017

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have some footage that I'm trying to "Track Camera", but it gets stuck at "Solving Camera". It works using After Effects CC 2017 on my MacBook Pro, but not on my Windows 10 high end PC. I'm wondering if I've hit a bug on the PC version, or have not set something correctly.

Interestingly on the PC AfterFX.exe sits at around 12% CPU, but never progresses, even if I leave it running overnight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any more specific info about your project we can't tell you much. The 3D tracker is notoriously difficult and prone to all sorts of errors nad certainly things liek the ongoing AE disk cache issues don't make things easier... You could simply be seeing one of those just as you could run into a footage specific issue with some CoDec that doesn't work that well on PC. We simply can't know based on so little information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thejhouse,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same problem.

I have test same footage on Windows 7/Windows 10 with AE 2017/AE 2018.

Stuck at Solving Camera

But when I use lower spec Macbook and Hackintosh.

It works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem could be the format of the footage. Compressed MPEG footage is notorious for decompression problems. Try transcoding to a proper production format or an image sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but same footage I can work on Mac version, but its not working on windows.

should I still transcoding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just hoping there is there some further info on this issue ?

I'm having the same problem, trying to 3D Camera Track some cineform files. They're quite short, 30-40 secs, steadicam shots that I would expect the tracker to easily solve.The exact same files solve without any hassle under OSX but hang forever in "solving camera" phase in Windows 10. It's almost as if the solve has failed but the banner hasn't updated as the analysis server CPU use drops to 0%. Or perhaps its some kind of caching issue as Mylenium suggests, quite often AE will crash not long after this solve hang happens ?

any suggestions on how to proceed greatly appreciated.

Windows 10,

AE CC18

cineform alpha files (in an admittedly odd res and aspect) 1440x2496 

on a side note: I first encountered this back in 2015 (Camera Tracker duration or data limit ? ), back then I was still mostly using Macs but have recently returned to the land of Windows... and apparently the land of 3D Camera tracking frustration !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so, I've now tried a vast array of codec types, none of which are able to be tracked under Windows !

yet all (well, those able to be decoded by quicktime) worked flawlessly under OSX !!!

what gives ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines