Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with pages tool

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On

On the pages tool, I suppose having 15 pages in horizontal view but it's only showing to 10 pages and the rest are gone. Please advise me how to fix this?

[Moved out of the Forum comments forum and into a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

You could put the panel display back to Vertical, but we've seen them drop off in that view as well. This is a situation where you want to delete your preferences. Save and close your file, then follow the instructions in this post. Note that two techniques are covered, if the first one doesn't work (the keyboard shortcut), try the second one (delete the InDesign SavedData and InDesign Defaults files).

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Come back and let us know if

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only have a maximum of 10 pages in a spread in InDesign.

I think you should start again. For most publications, you either have single pages (Facing Pages turned off), or pairs of pages like in a magazine or book (Facing Pages turned ON). Set this in the New Document dialog. You can also select how many pages you want to start with.

To add more pages, choose the Pages panel (Window > Pages) and choose Insert Pages from the menu at the upper right (called the Panel Menu, looks like a hamburger).

The Page tool is mainly used to change the dimensions of individual pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pastedImage_1.png

I am not talking about adding pages. I am asking how to fix the page panel view with the circles above. I suppose having 15 pages and the panel only showing 10 which it suppose to show the rest in the next row. How to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could put the panel display back to Vertical, but we've seen them drop off in that view as well. This is a situation where you want to delete your preferences. Save and close your file, then follow the instructions in this post. Note that two techniques are covered, if the first one doesn't work (the keyboard shortcut), try the second one (delete the InDesign SavedData and InDesign Defaults files).

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Come back and let us know if that takes care of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx. I will try that when I'm back to my laptop. thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, great. Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx. It works. Everything back to normal. Thx again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What happens if you drag your pages panel to the left making it wider? Do the remaining 5 pages show up?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should appear underneath, or show the scroll bar. I'm putting my bet on corrupt preferences.

InDesign CCss_012.png

(Oh, speaking of betting, Aman, are you going to MAX? Would love to meet you in person.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Well we both have been seeing this issue happen a lot. Unfortunately, i have not seen it happen on my machine and dont even have any steps that can help me to reproduce the issue.

Not this time to the MAX. I hope it is great for you specially with the exciting features we have lined up for the CC 2018

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha. Very funny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines