Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop cc 2017 32 bit and 64 bit on windows 10 64bit

Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have both versions of PS CC 32 and 64, running on windows 10 64 bit.... up to now everything has been fine with both versions. However yesterday my 32 bit software gives me a video card error message when loading and it has temporary disabled accelerated graphics, so ok i try to open a PSD file and it opens, however when i try to edit the file with the styles or other commands like crop etc, the software stops and gives me the generic message of PS has encountered a problem and needs to close, and it does close.

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

Now the 64bit PS works fine, and doesnt crash or anything..

I need the 32 bit for some plug ins, is why i use it.

I have the amd radeon HD 7800 video card, running the latest version 17.9.1 software

So i am open to suggestions of what to try here, i have no idea why the 32 ver wont work now, but the 64 will work... My system is a custom rig, built in 2014. i-74770 with 32 ram, again things have been great up till now.

I have not uninstalled PS 32 bit yet as i want to see what the best course of action is. The version i am running is 20161012r53.x32

Thanks

Dean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

umaynome  wrote

I have not uninstalled PS 32 bit yet as i want to see what the best course of action is. The version i am running is 20161012r53.x32

Are you sure of that is correct.   Use its menu Help>System Info.  Cop and past the here.

I just had 64 bit  version of CC 2017 installed March  25, 2017

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252 2017/04/25:23:00:00 CL 1113967  x64

I can not believe the 32 bit version date would be October 12, 2016   Have you installed the CC 2017 updates? If you dis I think something back levelec yout CC 2017 x32.....

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my 2 versions... I also have reset the 32 bit with no luck, i have updated my driver software with no luck, i am not sure if reinstalling the 32 bit will help....not sure if my software is up to date even.

versions.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use Creative cloud desktop application see it it will be able to update CC 2017 x32 none of the updates seem to be installed.  if not try using the offline the offline installer to install the 32bit version on top of the current CC 2017 x32 to insure you have a  good installation.  And then try to update the reinstalled CC 2017x32. Keep Adobe Photoshop up to date

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will have to use this off line installer it seems to update it...... Now should i uninstall this version of PS first? or try to over write it ?

so i installed this with the CC updater ....and once i loaded the software, i get the same driver error message, then i checked the version of the software and it is still the same version ( so it didnt really update it i guess)....and i tried to use PS and it crashed as normal ...

so should i try to remove first, then install again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines