Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashPaper Font Size Issue

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all -

I inherited a CF application that generates a FlashPaper document. The app has one link that generates the FlashPaper on a remote server, and another link that generates the exact same report on my local server. The version produced locally has a smaller font size than the remote one, and I'm stumped as to why this might be.

I don't have access to the remote server to see what version of CF is running, but I do have a copy of its code. It appears to match the local version in all ways - in both cfml and css.

Does anyone know what might be causing this difference? Is there a ColdFusion setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2008 Nov 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...no replies in 13 days. No ideas out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total guess. Are these on Windows machines? Perhaps font missing? Is the smaller font correct or should it be larger?

Presumably you can generate the FlashPaper on your server, how does that compare to both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, total guesses are welcome!

I know that the site I'm maintaining is on Windows. The other is hosted at the same hosting company, but I don't know if it is Windows or not. I do know that the font appears to be the same between the two, but the font size is smaller on the one I'm maintaining than the original. Since the site is on a shared server, I'm not given access to the Administrator. I see also that such things as bordered div boxes are smaller too - as if everything is just being generated smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That everything smaller comment elicited a thought. How are you comparing (printed output, on screen view, etc)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comparing screen view to screen view, and within two tabs in the same browser. This is an issue the client has dealt with for a long time, and it is definitely a difference in what is generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the remote server running a different cf version? ie. CF7 on remote
and CF8 on the other one? CF8 had (and still has) many cfdocument bugs.
it also makes the output shrink to fit within the document dimensions
and margins.
make sure that your content fits within the doc dimensions and margins.
also may be helpful to verify that all latest cf cfdocument hotfixes are
installed on your server - ask your tech support.

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2008 Nov 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I was just looking at the hotfix 2 fixes and this is listed

70239 Cfdocument sizing issue: CFDocument displays tables with reduced size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much all. Knowing what the cause is is immensely helpful. Now I can stop searching for an unfindable style sheet or hidden param.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a new wrinkle...I see that the server producing the smaller version of the cfdocment content is running CF 8.0.1. Since hot fix 70239 was a CF 8 fix, shouldn't this already be part of the 8.0.1 system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2008 Nov 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Not installed properly. The only thing in the updates directory should be the 8.0.1 cumulative hotfix which is chf8010001.jar and 71557 which was updated a few months later.

71634 is questionable with me. I'm pretty positive this is the cause of bad HTML CFGRID behavior in IE6 where it throws a javascript error and doesn't display the grid. I removed this hotfix and the problem went away. I'm going to add it back into another server and see what happens.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402604&sliceId=1#CF801

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation