Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to fix an element on the design

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

i design an app, using adobe xd, and i would like to have a fixed navigation at the bottom of the smartphone screen.

How can i fix my navigation when i test it?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

That is not currently possible in XD, but the feature is in the backlog. If you want to add your voice and up vote that feature request, please visit the following page on the Adobe XD User Voice website:

Fixed elements in scrolling artboards (header, nav bar, etc.) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not currently possible in XD, but the feature is in the backlog. If you want to add your voice and up vote that feature request, please visit the following page on the Adobe XD User Voice website:

Fixed elements in scrolling artboards (header, nav bar, etc.) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests...

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's basically the only thing keeping me from using XD for real work projects, and apparently I'm not alone, judging from what I see in Uservoice. I'm surprised that it's only in the backlog, and not currently being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I will need to continue to use Marvel App and Flinto until I can do fixed headers and footers, at least for any mobile app simulations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As do I... This is real need for project prototype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed this feature was part of the functionality.... now I have to decide whether or not to recreate the prototype in Sketch or Invision...   pretty irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When setting your your expectations, keep in mind that XD 1.0 was just recently released. It's still a very new app and under active development. Sketch and InVision have been around for many years, so of course XD has some catching up to do.

I like Sketch a lot, but it has no built-in prototype tools without installing add-ons.You must install InVision's Craft plugins to do prototyping within Sketch. (XD is building native prototyping tools as well as design tools.)

You can export the artboards in XD (as PNG) and build a prototype with InVision.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines