• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Devices found to Install Application during Post Publishing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Animate 2017 to create an iOS/Android App.  I have not had any issues before with Post Publishing to my iOS devices to test my apps.  Now when I select "Install application on the connected iOS device", my connected device does not appear in the table.

I checked the drivers, and the device is being recognized by my PC (in iTunes).  I have tried multiple devices as well.

This was working fine just a few days ago, and I am not sure what has changed.  I tried uninstalling Animate, iTunes, removed and reinstalled the Apple USB drivers, and downloaded SDK 27 - was using SDK 24 when the problem occurred. I also have powered off the device and refreshed the device list.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Clay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Apple just updated iTunes to no longer support backing up of apps from your iOS devices. I wonder if the publish system was relying on that? I'll try to get an answer.

Check to see if iTunes is now 12.1, to see if you have the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple just updated iTunes to no longer support backing up of apps from your iOS devices. I wonder if the publish system was relying on that? I'll try to get an answer.

Check to see if iTunes is now 12.1, to see if you have the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply.   I think you are on the right track.  I did update iTunes (version 12.7).

I just tested my Android Devices and the process is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - thanks to Colin for focusing in on the problem.

It was an issue with installing iTunes Version 12.7.  However, it was not as easy as just uninstalling version 12.7 and rolling back to a previous version.  Here are the steps I did to get back on track with being able to install the application on my iOS devices again.

1. Uninstall iTunes version 12.7

2. Open System Settings - Add or Remove Programs - we are going to remove the programs associated with iTunes that are not removed during an uninstall to ensure the older files are installed...these are the critical ones to getting things back to normal.

These are the programs that will be in the "Common Files/Apple" in the Program Files (32bit) and Program Files (x86) (64bit) folders.

3. Uninstall Apple Application Support (32-bit)

4. Uninstall Apple Application Support (64-bit)

5. Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support

6. Download iTunes version 12.5 (I used 12.5.1) - I tried this with iTunes 12.6 and it did not work, so the issue seems to have been introduced with that version.

7. Install iTunes version 12.5

Other things I did that may have helped:

1. Updated the Apple drivers.

2. Reinstalled Animate 2017.5

3. Drank lots of Coffee.

4. Went on a 10 mile bike ride

I know this is a work around for now, and that Adobe hopefully will be making the updates necessary to allow us to use the latest iTunes.

Clay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. I asked Adobe to drop by, but it's around 4am for them at the moment. Hopefully they will come and see your report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to deploy and test an updated AIR app using AnimateCC 19 but can't see any devices to install to.

I go to AIR for iOS Settings, click Deployment tab, in Post publishing tick "Install application on selected iOS devices"

I clicked "Refresh" but no device shows.

The connected device shows in iTunes (12.8.2.3)

Any ideas for workarounds? The downgrading iTunes solution is from a while ago - I'm a bit cautious about trying that (especially the 10 mile bike ride).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've a workaround. If I select an earlier version of AIR (e.g. 30) in Animate then go into the AIR for iOS settings I can see the connected device. Once it's there, it stays there - so I go and select a later AIR version and continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines