Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compute Lip Sync Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So far, the compute lip sync from scene audio has been working perfectly until just now. All of a sudden when I import an audio file (MP3) and try to compute the lip sync, it processes and goes through the loading bar, but it doesn't create the Visemes necessary for the mouth movements. So far I have tried other CH projects to see if it would work in those, but it is still not working. I've restarted my computer and checked for updates, and still nothing is working. As you can see in the screenshot, the only thing that happens after clicking on compute lip sync, is that these grey bars appear on the timeline, but no Visemes are actually there 😕 Is this a bug? How can I fix it?!?!?! I'm at work and have this project due! HALLLPPP!!! D:

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 11.19.32 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is SUPER weird - I've never seen that before. Can you DM me the mp3 file as a shared link (via Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) to take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply! These were some of the files I was using:

Sound for CH.mp3 - Google Drive

Wallpaper.mp3 - Google Drive

Backlight.mp3 - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oksamurai Any news? My character animator is still not working Now it won't even go through the loading bar when I try to compute lip sync, it just gives me this message. As you can see I clearly have the puppet selected....Any help would be great

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 11.01.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was showing error message because the red Arm for Record button for the Lip Sync behavior wasn't armed, at least based on that screenshot. In the subsequent screenshot, it is armed. In the error message, that's what it's referring to when it says "arm to record the Lip Sync behavior ..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I noticed that, but it's still a bug, because the original problem I was having had the lip sync turned on and it was being weird. Oh well, hopefully it doesn't happen again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!!! Compute lip sync is still not working for me I have tried so many things and I think it's just a weird bug...i don't know what to do anymore at this point. I screen recorded myself going through the steps if that helps you guys. Im seriously about to punch my computer >.<

Compute Lip Sync Error.mov - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, love the reactions in the video. Sorry for your pain.

So it was hard to tell, but it looks like you might have multiple lip sync behaviors on your character, maybe for different mouth sets or head positions? If you remove all those other lip sync behaviors, does it work?

Basically I'm seeing a ton of behaviors in the right, and I'm thinking that's the culprit - something has superseded the mouth / lip sync from working. It could be a ton of different things. I'd start deleting everything except the basic behaviors and start simple and see what happens (you can always rewind via the History panel). That's my best guess and that's what I would do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I took the other lip sync behaviors off like you said and it still wouldn't work. Then I placed the new Jeffy puppet (with a single lip sync behavior) into a new scene just like last time, and it worked like a charm! Thank you for the help. I think i finally got it now hahaha. Sooooo much trial and error. I'll make sure to tune in to your channel for more Ch tips oksamurai ❤️ byeeeee

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 1.52.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbs up, nice.

If that worked, my guess is some scene parameter got switched and threw things off. Whatever behaviors/parameters you set in Rig mode are your defaults, but you can change those values in Record or Stream mode. So maybe something somewhere in Record mode got disarmed, turned to 0, disabled, etc. - but the fresh import restored everything to the defaults.

Or it's a weird bug. If you see it happen again, please let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FIGURED IT OUT! I mean i still have no idea why it was being crazy annoying, but I just added the Jeffy puppet to a new scene and it somehow fixed it. I feel like it was just being glichy or something, because I feel like I already tried that yesterday. Anyway, this could be a solution if someone is struggling with the same thing. Just start a new scene I guess...

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 11.12.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phew, glad it worked itself out! What a weird bug. If this happens again or other people who find this in the search are running into it, please let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into this as well.  Will let you know if any of these suggestions work.  Very cool to see Jeff and oksamurai fielding these support questions.  I'm impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem... Auto lip sync would invoke but record nothing, no vismes

I found by trial and error and some reinterpretation of instructions on the tutorials that if

in Scene arm My illustrator Puppet to RECORD then click out of the Scene into Puppet and then invoke auto lipsync from Timeline drop down it processed the compute correctly. (you can tell it is doing it's job because it takes a bit of time)

then you get your recording and vismes

it would be nicer if it just worked whilst in Scene mode

- Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You shouldn't have to switch to the Puppet panel (Rig mode) for it to work -- it should work in the Scene panel (Record mode). If you have specific steps that reproduce this issue, we'd like to know. We haven't been able to reproduce it so far. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines