• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC user but (only) PS tells me I need to license it every time

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was originally a CC user but moved to the photographer only (PS & LR) for a period, while I wasn't doing any video. I moved back to CC several months ago and am frustrated because PS tells me it's the trial version and I have to login with my Adode ID every single time. It is only PS, all other apps can be accessed without login.

In my Adobe account everything looks active, there is a current payment method that is being used and I have updated PS a couple of times.

Any experience of this and suggestions for fixing it?

David.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Well, after an hour and a half on the support line, they finally got round to trying removal of the Desktop Application Manager and deleting all the associated caches (also closing out all relevant apps in the activity monitor). They reinstalled it from a fresh download from Adobe and, after an initial sign-in, it has worked. It seems a couple of files for both PS and AI were corrupted and deleting and reinstalling has rebuilt them, resulting in both apps working without the need to license the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Adobe account you login with the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application has your full CC plan. If it does sign out from the desktop application and then sign back in using the Adobe Creative cloud desktop application that should activate your PS  install.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice JJMack. I've tired to log out and back in over the last few months (and I've just what you suggested now). I still get the same popup but it is only for PS (AI,AE,PR, CH, AU, BR etc all work without the request).

If I choose the 'License This Software', I get the option to use my account name and it tells me it's now registered but next time I need to start it up, same message.Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 12.57.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you login at Adobe.com and manage your Acount plans to make sure your account you sign in with has your plan associated with it?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - everything looks normal to me. Just to reiterate though - everything else on CC is working normally. It is only the PS app that is telling me it's a trial version and need to license it. Although I've checked everything, I would also assume that all of the other apps would be telling me they're trial version if the account set wasn't correct.

Even if I uninstall PS and reinstall it, I get the same issue.

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 13.21.17.png

This is after I've registered (every time)

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 13.24.17.png

I've had the same AdobeID since I first registered for CC about three years ago. When I opt for License This Software, it auto selects my AdobeID, so it knows it's me. Everything but PS seems to be registered and working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David did you sign out using the Adobe creative Cloud Desktop application then sign back in? That Application is what activates your installed applications.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean this (below) then yes, otherwise I don't have another app for management and I've only ever used this.Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 14.50.56.png

Looking around the Launchpad, there are no other management apps for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - that was what you suggested I do in the initial response and I've been signed out there a number of times in the last few months but nothing has changed in terms of PS. Here are the shots...

Signed out

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 15.10.42.png

2 step verification challenge

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 15.11.33.png

Signed back in

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 15.12.14.png

Me opening PS

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 15.13.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never see that code thing happen You may need to contact Adobe Customet support,  This I what I see.  I just sign in and I can see my APPS. Did you get that Phone call and enter the code phoned to you? I do not want the Phone thing what if your away frome home without a cell phone. I do not have a mobile Phone.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier this week I was trying to help someone in the Lightroom forum who is having the same problem. I provided all the same advice to him that JJMack provided for you. I don't think they ever resolved their sign in problem.

You may want to try removing everything with the Adobe Cleaner Tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  and then start over with the installs. If that doesn't work you'll probably have to contact Adobe Customer Care contact-bumper.

If you solve the problem please let us know how it was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to contact Adobe Customer support.  I do not know how Creative cloud work on Macs.  Adobe has a big cloud around their  phone support a very circular flight for sure consistant and sure. Use google to find the number in you country.  Most likely it will ring in a foreign country...

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after an hour and a half on the support line, they finally got round to trying removal of the Desktop Application Manager and deleting all the associated caches (also closing out all relevant apps in the activity monitor). They reinstalled it from a fresh download from Adobe and, after an initial sign-in, it has worked. It seems a couple of files for both PS and AI were corrupted and deleting and reinstalling has rebuilt them, resulting in both apps working without the need to license the software every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that may be the case.  Its a hard pill to swallow when I tell user to remove all Adobe software use Adobe cleaner and re-install all.

Adobe Customer support is good at fixing installation problems.  Bug support not good at all IMO.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

David, Thank you for following up and letting us know what was done to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines