• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC 2015 closes immediately

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue:  When opening Adobe or any PDF it opens or flashes on the screen and closes promptly. It does not give any error message.

Things I have tried: Uninstalling and reinstalling more than 4 times. Restarting the computer after every uninstall and fresh install. I have tried deleting/renaming SLCach, SLStore, Cache. Also deleted user preferences. Booted into safe mode and it still does not open.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ssmith,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please refer to the following threads for troubelshooting steps: Acrobat Reader 11 closes immediately, won't open pdf's , link https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1291468

and Acrobat Pro DC Closing Automatically

Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first link did not work. The second article did not fix the issue either. I am using windows uninstaller to uninstall adobe. I also used the adobe cleaner tool and that DID NOT remove all files. It did uninstall but there were traces of adobe still left. YES I restarted after uninstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ssmith,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please try the link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1291468 Copy-paste the link in a new browser tab.

Use Adobe Cleaner tool to remove the installed Acrobat DC 2015: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  , link: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Restart the computer, and then download and install the Acrobat DC 2015: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

If you have any security software installed, please disable it temporarily and then try.

If this does not help, please create a new Admin user profile and check.

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated. I did use the Adobe Cleaner Tool already that did not work. I then used the above link to download and reinstall still the same issue. As far as the corrected link that path does not exist with this version of Acrobat or windows 10. There is not a reader folder.

I will try creating a new admin account although I don't see how recreating my profile will help this as I will have to start all over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ssmith,

To download Reader DC: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution  Link: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

You may also try these steps:

1. Using Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement
  2. Can you open Adobe Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].
  3. It could even be a malware issue; see: Resolve the Acrobat Failed To Load Core DLL error when launching Reader

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, reader is not installed at all on this computer.  I will give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ssmith,

Thank for the update, keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that did not work either. I did accept the Eula and Reader does launch and work. Adobe Acrobat DC still just crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ssmith,

If you have any security software, try to disable it temporarily and check with Acrobat DC. If the issue still persists , please create a new Admin user profile and check with Acrobat.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't know why the inititiator of the problem didn't respond a long time, but I've got the same problem at the moment.

So it would be great if I could jump in an we will look into this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Markusa,

Sorry for the trouble, please install the latest update of Acrobat help>check for updates, reboot the machine.

If the issue still persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat from machine Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot and install Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am having the same problem - it just closes down all by itself !!

It has been doing that for a few days - I thought I was doing something unconsciously !!

I in fact, I uninstalled and reinstalled it from scratch last night with afresh download and did a <<Check for updates>> which worked fine.

But tried it again this morning and it still closes automatically!!

My current version is 2015.006.30417

I am also on Windows 10 Pro    Version 1709   OS Build 16299.248

We are not the only ones:  Re: Acrobat DC closes automatically

Fix is definitely needed ........... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ... anyone there???

This is EXTREMELY annoying now ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ... I have sent a letter to Adobe to get their attention ...

To be clear, I bought Adobe a couple of years ago and it worked fine.

My PC crashed a few weeks ago and i had to do a complete wipe of the discs and a fresh Windows installation and all my programs.

Hence Adobe has been downloaded fresh a few weeks ago.

The problem is even happening to downloaded PDF documents - you have to be REALLY quick to save the file to your PC before it closes !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its happening on my machine as well. Something needs to be done to prevent this from happening! There should be some better fix than what has been suggested thus far, since they are NOT working!!!!

Adobe lets go, fix this issue, PLEASE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue after running the tools and reinstalling. I found this post: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC closes automatically after opening  and turns out the following folder needed to be deleted: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore as it had an old V11 lic file in it. Once I deleted the folder and re-opened DC, it worked normally and was able to be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference ... I gave up waiting for Adobe fixing whatever they broke (2015 had been working quite happily for years but I figure a version update has a bug) and bought a whole new version 2017 !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a folder called SLStore on my machine. I did a web search and found not all have it.

I don't think I need to repay for a full version if I have already paid for it. That seems unfair to me, the consumer.

I do love the ability of this program and what I can do with it, but I'm ready to just drop it and only keep the free reader.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sunnybeach,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. The record shows that you are subscribed to Acrobat Standard DC subscription.

If you are still facing any issue, I will request you to contact the Acrobat technical support team so that they can schedule a remote session and can assist you further Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting the above mentioned folder...My user was required to once again sign in thus recreating this folder. All appears to be working as expected now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jamesm,

Good to hear that the issue got fixed, you users are back on track. Feel free to update this discussion for further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines