• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE downloads ACSM content, but freezes before opening

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fed both ADE 3.0 and 4.5 (not installed simultaneously) two different ACSMs I downloaded from my local library. In all cases, the import dialogue window with progress bar appears, but upon it being complete, the full progress bar persists, the "cancel" butten gets deactivated, and ADE does not respond any more at all for at least a dozen minutes. (After that time, I force quit.)

In version 4.5, after I force quit and restart the app, the book appears in its library, but incomplete, and upon opening it, the import dialog with progress bar appears again and everything repeats as above.

I'm on OS X 10.10.5. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but can't find the folder ...user/Applications/digitaleditions1x5 I'm supposed to delete.

I revoked my ADE activation just to get the usual expected error messages, which worked, and then re-activated.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my windows 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. How did you solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And in 2023 the problem persists. I also tried both 3.0 and 4.5, having uninstalled ADE each time, removed all mentions of ADE from the registry, deleted all ADE from the disk and having wiped the disk before installing each time. The ADE still remain authorsied after all this and after a book is put it from  ACSM, ADE freezes completely. Use task manager to shut it down.

Thuis is on Windows 11. My previous machine had ADE 3.0 on wondows 10, worked fine. Upgraded to WInodws 11, still worked fine. But on ethe new one, no go.

Any new advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines