• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving an animation

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop CC6 how can you move a whole animation ?

In other words how can one move all keyframes of a given layer all together from a spatial context (not a time context).

For the sake of an example let's say you have a layer representing a ball with 3 keyframes at
time-positions (seconds-x,y) (0-0,10 ; 1-0,20 ; 2-0 :40)

I need to move the hole animation by let's say 50 pix in the Y direction. I would end up with
time-positions (0-0,60 ; 1-0,70 ; 2-0 :90)

How can I achieve this.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the Property name in the Timeline to select both keyframe. Make sure that the Timemarker is parked on a keyframe. Then Select the Move tool and drag the element to where you want it to be on that keyframe. With bother KFs selected, they will move as a group.

hope this helps,

Angie Taylor | www.creativecabin.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use the Properties panel to adjust the value. As long as all of the KFs are selected and you are parked on a KF. Just type in the value that you want at that particular KF and all should move by a relative amount.

Angie Taylor | http://www.creativecabin.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I am trying to do this on a Smart Object layer.
Your solution seems to work on a standard layer but not on Smart object layer.

Any ideas ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it need to be a smart object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To animate the Smart object you have to double-click it in the Layer panel to open up the original file. Create or edit your animation in there.

Hope this helps,

Angie Taylor | http://www.creativecabin.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theangietaylor : does it need to be a smart object?

Yes my smart object is a ball and I need to rotate it about it’s center.

If I the ball is on a layer rotating it is difficult since the full extent of the image is used for rotation versus just the extent of the ball.

I do not have this issue once the ball is a smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to adjust the anchor point without having to make it a smart object. Hit command-T for free transform and then drag the anchor point to the centre of the ball.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For position that is not a problem.

But for rotation it is.

If I free transform and rotate the new angle is applied to all keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not suggesting that you use free transform to move or rotate the object, just use it to change the anchor point and then select all KFs, make sure you are parked on keyframe for the property you are adjusting, and then use the Properties panel to make the adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I am confused.

Your previous responses says : I'm not suggesting that you use free transform
and your pre-previous says : Hit command-T for free transform and then drag the anchor point to the centre of the ball.

I am not sure how I can use the Properties panel.

It has no info (No properties) when I either select the layer of the ball or the ball itself.

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I realise that was confusing. What I meant was you can adjust the Anchor Point using Free Trasform but you don't need to use FT to adjust the Rotation, Position or Scale if you prefer to use the Properties panel 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines