• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW image converts to low res JPEG.

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot in RAW with Nikon D700.   I load in LR the perfect in PS5.  Then return to LR and burn keepers to a CD.   I barely crop this images and the Jpeg is too low resolution of around 3.2mb to 4.2 my.  I'm  not sure what's going on but this is a new prob.   in the past these would have been at least a 5 pr 6MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What quality level are you saving them at? That makes a big difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highest quality ((12).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you saving to jpeg e.g. Export from Photoshop/Save from Photoshop /Export from Lightroom. At that point are you applying any image resizing (check that the height and width dimensions of the jpegs in pixels match the original).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'll dig in and check is out as well.   Also. For this point going forward I decided it's time to upgrade to a Nikon D750.    but I need to make sure it's not my setting in ps As well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image content could easily account for this. A featureless sky, or an empty wall, occupying a third of the image, will reduce file size about that much.

6 MB and 3.2 MB is normal variation for jpegs, it could easily be much more.

And of course all the standard caveats about jpeg. Personally I don't touch it except as copies for final online delivery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I shoot newborns and I do a lot of painting background for more even lighting.   i crop in but try to do very little.  Thanks for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines