• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font problem in AnimateCC (and only AnimateCC)

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the font Blocked In (Blocked In Font | dafont.com ) on a project. This font behaves normally in every program (illustrator, photoshop, older versions of flash..) EXCEPT for Animate CC. In Animate, it behaves very strangely- for example, spacebar doesn't insert a space. I messed with some options and if I set the 'Anti Alias' to 'Use Device Fonts' the spaces appear, but it causes all sorts of other strange behaviors (text boxes no longer change to fit text size, spaces disappear if I click to edit the text and reappear when I deselect the text box, ect).

Does anyone have a solution that isn't manually spacing out my text or importing from illustrator? The videos I'm working on are both very lengthy and text-heavy, and the person I'm doing them for is pretty attached to this font. Or is there a problem with the font itself? And if so, is there a way I can go about fixing that on my end?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried messing with the kerning and leading?

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 4.21.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, the kerning, leading, and letter spacing both work normally. If the amount of text was small I'd consider it an ok workaround and would just use it to manually add spaces between the words. Unfortunately I'm working with large amounts of text so it'd be really, really impractical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines