• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skin tone Question

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an action or a filter for PS 2017 that I can use to achieve this kind of skin tone:

skintone.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do something similar by softening the skin with blur and applying a gradient map then painting in some of the shading e.g. round the nose.

I hope that helps to get you started

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was hoping for something easier but will definitely try it, ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.The main stages were:

Soften. I just used blur with a mask.

Convert to black and white

Paint in additonal shadows and highlights using black on a layer set to multiply and white on a layer set to screen.

Use a gradient map to add colour

Paint in the lip colour.

I labelled my example with any layers that were using anything except normal blending mode.

Shout out if you get stuck.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it out, not bad but took a while, needs more perfection, thx a lot Dave for the additional "tut"

D Fosse, if I had ... and wanted to work hours on a PS project, I wouldn't have mentioned filter or action. Dave was kind enough to take his time and explain, maybe try that too next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TayAlex  wrote

Was hoping for something easier

Seriously, where's the fun in that? Anyone can click a button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost like a drop shadow. I've exaggerated to make the point here, but you can see what I mean.  Negative Clarity to smooth the skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point Trevor - the clarity slider does a nice job of softening and, applied to a smart object can be masked as required

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave's technique is right on for that look, yet for simple skin smoothing Trevor is right about negative clarity. Here's a video demoing a negative clarity technique for smoothing skin, in Lab mode with the Camera Raw filter. It's really not hard at all, and takes only a few steps. How to Smooth Skin with Photoshop's Camera Raw Filter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx a lot everyone, very helpful. The smooth skin is already given so it is really just the tone I am trying to achieve, also having to be careful since there is hair hanging into the face and I don't want to recolor that .... seems maybe more complicated than I thought

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines