• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MTS media goes offline after update, deleting caches fixed it once, now when i reload the project they are offline again and deleting caches won't fix it again.

Contributor ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What in the heck guys? This is infuriating. MOV files are fine but all my MTS files are causing this issue. I delete the cache folders by hand once and it fixed the issue. Shut the project down, opened it back up, and they are offline again. Deleted cache again and reloaded project, nope. All happened with the update to latest version AND it's even happening with the old version on the old project file. HOW? If I clean the cache from the program or delete the folders and restart the project, it won;t go through the process of creating the cache anymore, it just says all media loaded. If I look in the cache folder I only have 19 items in there. If I relink a clip, I get a warning telling me the selected file doesn't contain audio clip references or something long those lines and if I select OK, then the clip just link with no audio. I even re imported the original media files and practically all of the MTS files import fresh with no audio. There are random ones which do which of course makes no sense because that's Premiere for you.

UPDATE: Managed to fix it by duplicating the folder containing the media and relinking the clips to those new ones.

Perhaps Adobe could implement a reconform media option for when this nonsense happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not only delete media cache but also rename top folder the mts files are in, then relink.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files |Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines