Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the default RGB setting

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I hired a Mac Tech to help me with my files, and he changed my RGB color setting (Under "Workspace"). I now want to change it back, but I don't remember what the default setting was. I have Photoshop CC 2017. The files had been converted to a CMYK profile, Japan Color 2001 Coated, and I have a Macbook Pro OS X Yosemite, in case those apply.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

I have Photoshop CC 2017. The files had been converted to a CMYK profile, Japan Color 2001 Coated,

Your Photoshop Working RGB space wouldn't have any affect on a CMYK document.

If you were to convert the CMYK doc to RGB via Image>Mode, the Working RGB space will be the destination. Also, the RGB Working space wouldn't affect RGB documents with an embedded profile—the embedded profile color manages the document. If there's no embedded profile, color management falls back to the Color Settings Worki

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The safest RGB working space is sRGB IEC61966-2.1. If you're not sure what they all mean, use this.

The most important setting, however, is under color management policies. It should always be set to Preserve Embedded Profiles.

Normally there's no reason to change any color settings just because you want to use a specific profile. That tells me the Apple tech probably didn't really understand what he was doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, D Fosse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Photoshop CC 2017. The files had been converted to a CMYK profile, Japan Color 2001 Coated,

Your Photoshop Working RGB space wouldn't have any affect on a CMYK document.

If you were to convert the CMYK doc to RGB via Image>Mode, the Working RGB space will be the destination. Also, the RGB Working space wouldn't affect RGB documents with an embedded profile—the embedded profile color manages the document. If there's no embedded profile, color management falls back to the Color Settings Working space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines