4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2008 4:48 PM by jonturkle

Linking between Adobe Presenter presentations

Hi,
      I am an Adobe Presenter newbie. My project is massive, so I have broken it down into 'bite-sized' chunks. I have been able to turn my PPTs into Adobe Presenter presentations but can't figure out how to keep the links between the different presentations. There are many links on the slides themselves and a great deal of the navigation (choices) are made from the slides themselves.

I am using PPT 2007, but saving files as backward compatible with the demo version of Presenter 7.

Any hints, help will be appreciated.
      thanks,
      Martha
        • 1. Re: Linking between Adobe Presenter presentations
          leo_leo
          One option is to include a hyperlink pointing to other presentation in index.htm (which will require some change in index.htm and it wont be a slide level link then )

Other option is text hyperlink on last slide of presentation
          • 2. Re: Linking between Adobe Presenter presentations
            The text hyperlink on last slide won't work as they need to be able to go back at various points in the presentation.

I tried putting a hyperlink pointing to the other presentation's index.htm but that didn't seem to work. (quite possible I wasn't doing it correctly).

Question:what is a slide level link? I meant it when I said I was a newbie ;=)
            • 3. Linking between Adobe Presenter presentations
              leo_leo Level 2
              Open index.htm in the published folder and add the following tag after <html> tag (Replace the url adobe.com and text Adobe as required ):

<a href=" http://www.adobe.com">ADOBE</a>
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Linking between Adobe Presenter presentations
                jonturkle
                I used Presenter to create and a very effective catalogue matrix to other presentations with specific learning paths broken down by the learner's role in the company.

The catalogue Power Point used a table with colored cells and text labels indication the appropriate learning module for the job category of the individual learner. I posted the individual presentations, collected all the urls and used them as launch hyperlinks for each cell in the catalogue. I did the same thing in Captivate and replicated launch buttons on each slide page so the user could cross launch any of the other presentations at any time. Kind of nifty.
                1 person found this helpful